The Pilot

The Pilot

A Poem by Cat
"

The pilot is not on his way to work today

"

The pilot is not on his way to work today. He has decided to take a day off. He believes he has seen enough clouds, enough sky, and even enough suitcases to bother with the buttons and levers, it is all too much work for a Sunday. Instead, he is out jogging with the dog. Out, ripped tank top and all, taking in the sea. During this time, a mother calls out to her sons “Supper will be ready in 5” she says, knowing it’ll take at least 10 minutes for them to absorb the sound of her voice through their headphones and adolescence. During this time the wind from a passing storm will have a telephone pole land straight in the middle of the neighbors new Mercedes. Nobody notices. Instead they are too busy pouring their evening coffee, prepping for another all nighter. Instead they are engaging in conversations about politics, nodding their heads to terms that are all to new to them as well. The johnsons son will have stolen the last cupcake off of the marble counter leaving all too evident buttercream fingerprints on the top of the kitchen light switch and the pilot? Well… he is closing his eyes. He is listening to the waves, crash. He wonders if he should’ve been a captain instead.

© 2017 Cat


Author's Note

Cat
What you think the meaning is behind it all? :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on February 21, 2017
Last Updated on February 21, 2017
Tags: spoken word, poem, poetry

Author

Cat
Cat

About
I'm a little bit of a wanderer but who isn't in this world? Aspiring polyglot and amateur poet. Words are my best friend and so is poetry. Come get lost with me it'll be fun I promise :) more..

Writing
And; Love And; Love

A Poem by Cat