Powerlines

Powerlines

A Poem by Cat
"

Thoughts from behind the wheel

"


As I drive down the endless pigeon flurried road, eyes on the stars, chasing daylight, the silence is heavy in the air. Power lines above connect like an endless spiderweb spread across the horizon to I leave them with the sky. I stopped bidding apologies at the age of 11. I stopped my expectations when I heard the sounds of door slamming I stopped forgiving every time you came back. Someone asked me if I wanted them to leave. I wish I had the courage to say "go ahead." 

© 2017 Cat


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The words honest and direct. Feel of real life and hard decisions. I wanted to read and know more. Thank you Cat for sharing the powerful poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love imagery and the mundane things in life...you captured this scene so well...astounding.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2017
Last Updated on February 22, 2017
Tags: poem, poetry, monologue, love, loss, forgetting, longing

Author

Cat
Cat

About
I'm a little bit of a wanderer but who isn't in this world? Aspiring polyglot and amateur poet. Words are my best friend and so is poetry. Come get lost with me it'll be fun I promise :) more..

Writing
And; Love And; Love

A Poem by Cat



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..