Drenched in the One

Drenched in the One

A Story by K.N. Herzner
"

This isn't technically a poem/story and nor is it necessarily a romance, but those descriptions fit this piece the best.

"
For the first time in all her life, she allowed someone to hold her close as she cried, the barriers around her frozen heart crumbling down. For the first time, she allowed someone to stroke her hair as she shook furiously, the numbness melting away into puddles around her tattered heart. For the first time, she was nakedly exposed, vulnerable and broken down in his arms as he watched in silence. Her raw emotions were written clearly in the depths of her dark eyes as the fear of her armor falling off could be heard in her sobs. There was no more fighting or holding back -everything was flooding from her mouth like water rushing from a demolished dam. She was so broken, so damaged, and in so much pain that it all overwhelmed her. She begged God to end it -to take all her emotions and just leave her numb, but He didn't hear her. Anger overtook her, followed by sorrow, and then a brief moment of nothing. Everything she had ever bottled away was suddenly drowning her, choking her as her heart became heavy an weary, but she couldn't stop. She was collapsing in her mind, but he didn't leave.
He saw something within her that she wanted to ignore. He saw the truth of her heart and its warmth, but he never had the words to tell her. He knew she was afraid to let him in and that vulnerability made her sick, but he also desired to see her walls fall. He longed to feel her joy and her pain and vice versa; he desired to witness her undress her mind of the insecurities, trusting him as he poured his heart out to her. He wanted her to be emotionally naked with him, not holding anything back like she had been for so long. He wanted to fall in love with her purely corrupted mind as she fell for his. So he begged God to let her feel every last thing she tried to hide and He heard him. All he could do was hold her close and be there and remain patient. It was only a matter of time before her heart would be fully twined with his.
Flawed and ashamed, she thought God had abandoned her, but as she looked up into his shimmering eyes, something clicked deep down within her. That man beside her, the one drenched in The Word and filled with love smiled at her. It became clear to her; she was meant to feel just as he was meant to feel. He was the one that she could open up to and trust, because he was a man of his word. He was the man she had dreamt of all her life and had almost given up hope on when he was suddenly there, right beside her. All the pain and trials they had both struggled through were all works of God propelling them to one another. Her quiet nature and his outgoing persona had been the prime attractions, but God made it deeper. Once two strangers now had a bond far stronger than they had imagined. At that moment, they knew God had been working on them all along. HE wasn't finished with them, but they were ready to walk together, the three of them: God, him, and her all going down a trail as a solid team. They prayed together, cried together, laughed, and faced it all, but the foundation never shook, because their foundation was built by and in the Almighty.

© 2015 K.N. Herzner


Author's Note

K.N. Herzner
Ignore any grammar errors, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on July 22, 2015
Last Updated on July 22, 2015

Author

K.N. Herzner
K.N. Herzner

Cincinnati , OH



About
Writing has always been something that's come naturally. I struggle with verbalizing my words, but place me in front of a computer and I'll show you just what I can do. I'll show you my power. *I h.. more..

Writing
Vice Vice

A Story by K.N. Herzner