Dear Brothers

Dear Brothers

A Poem by K.N. Herzner
"

A letter to two very special people.

"
Dear Brothers,
Can you tell me what it's like in Heaven? How it feels to sit on the lap of God or to talk to Jesus? Do you see our great-grandparents and our past dogs? Can you see us all here on earth still, missing you two more than mere words can ever tell? My dearest older brother and sweet baby brother, I know God had a plan, one we don't understand. P.J., you would have been twenty-three this year and Austin, you would have turned nineteen on the 27th of February. Your birthday is just a little over two weeks away, but P.J., you were taken long before birth, for our mother's body took you back after you died -you ceased to even grow. 
I do wonder what'd it be like if you two had survived instead or if I had died back in '03, but Mom says I can't think that way. Shes says it'll destroy me and tear me apart, but I can't help myself. I'm already a shattered mess, one who wishes she knew her two other brothers. P.J., if you were here, would you have kicked the a*s of any guy who hurt our sisters or I? Austin, would you be the friend our surviving brother needs when us girls can't be there for him? I already know the answer to both questions -yes, a million times yes. And I know that even from Heaven you two still watch us. I even believe you both are our guardian angels and that you are always with me.
I'm getting a tattoo to honor you both, though sisters don't usually do that. I am, because I am not like others and I want the world to know that you two are both still apart of our family. I want my future children to know of their two very special uncles who get to dine with Jesus every night and sing with the angels every morning. Two perfect boys who had been torn from life. Austin, I'm going to look at your pictures on your birthday, though your image is forever embedded in my brain. P.J., I'm going to imagine what you would've looked like and hold onto that ideal. The world says you two no longer exist, but I say you do -in our hearts. I love you both and will see you when my time comes.
Love your sister  

© 2016 K.N. Herzner


Author's Note

K.N. Herzner
I apologize for how unorganized this is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Despite everything you've been through your soul is so full of vast beauty. I love you dear.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Added on February 11, 2016
Last Updated on February 11, 2016

Author

K.N. Herzner
K.N. Herzner

Cincinnati , OH



About
Writing has always been something that's come naturally. I struggle with verbalizing my words, but place me in front of a computer and I'll show you just what I can do. I'll show you my power. *I h.. more..

Writing
Vice Vice

A Story by K.N. Herzner