On Isla Sorna

On Isla Sorna

A Story by Godzilla Kyru/Kaijuologist
"

A very VERY short story. Like less then 500 words. This is just a sample of my writing, so to speak, to let you guys see what it looks like. I am working on a short story as we speak though.

"

Large, scarred jaws opened in a yawn before they closed and the massive head shook, shaking away the sleep. Large, clawed feet pushed the body upwards into a standing position and keen amber eyes regarded their surroundings lazily.


A forest surrounded the beast, lush green foliage gently swayed in the wind, allowing scents flow through the nostrils. Very small arms with two fingered hands reached up and scratched at the giant's throat before the whole body shook. There was a growl before the body began moving, crushing sticks and fallen leaves under the weight. Branches that was still on the trees rubbed against the dark green scales as the creature walked.


The Tyrannosaurus Rex stepped out of the forest, snorting and looking around, eyes scanning the plains. This one was the king of Isla Sorna- At least in the southern half of the island. The northern half belonged to something bigger than him, something that could potentially kill him if he wasn't careful.


He let out a thunderous roar, scaring the birds from the trees and scattering them in the skies. He tilted his head, listening until two answering roars reached him. He snorted before heading off in the direction that he heard the roars coming from.


It wasn't long until he came upon two other tyrannosaurus rexes. One was big, a little bigger than himself, with brown and greyish scales. The smallest one, who came up to his thigh, resembled him more, just a lighter shade of green. It squeaked and ran over to him and he leaned down, allowing it to rub its head against his scarred muzzle.


The doe nudged him once he straightened up before she started to lead the two off, heading to a clearing that held some prey that they could catch- it also was time for their little one to join in on a hunt that involved larger prey. I they were lucky, they didn't have to worry about those small, quick runners that like to hunt in the same clearing.


Their youngling chirped and ran up ahead of them before stopping and looking back, waiting for them to catch up before repeating the process. The bull snorted before they made it to the edge of the forest and there, in the clearing, they could see all different kinds of herbivores. He let out a slight huff to the doe before turning and began to walk, his green and black striped scales were the most useful within the foliage and he went along, undetected until he was in position. He was silent, scanning for the weakest one of the herd…


Then he burst from the tree line, roaring and stomping towards the herd, making them all scatter.

© 2018 Godzilla Kyru/Kaijuologist


Author's Note

Godzilla Kyru/Kaijuologist
Tell me what you guys think about this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicely done, great images, vivid and detailed with great characters to entice and keep you glued for the next instalment.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Added on December 2, 2018
Last Updated on December 2, 2018
Tags: Short Story, One Shot, Dinosaurs, Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Author

Godzilla Kyru/Kaijuologist
Godzilla Kyru/Kaijuologist

PA



About
I'm a 23 year old youtuber who also loves to write stuff. more..