The Piano Plays On

The Piano Plays On

A Story by K8lyn

Tea cups rattle, voices are raised. A slur of words, words she had never even heard before, fly across the room. Sitting in her wicker chair, white feet swinging back and forth, they suddenly stop. Yelling goes on, she looks to her lap, where her tea cup sits untouched. And a piano plays in the distance.

 

Dark, silky braids lay soft against her cheek. Words are hurled over her head. They seem not to notice, this young thing, sitting so still and calm before them. The words arent about her, but she cant help but feel she caused this somehow. As if she herself was to blame for this burst of anger. And the piano plays on.

 

The sun is shining so bight, she cant believe it. Blinding her, she closes her eyes shut. Wrinkles are created, in the creases by her eyes. So tight, she holds them closed, that her head begins to hurt. Tears are squeezed out, they slide down her chin. Her head is hurting and the room is getting so loud, but she doesnt move, doesnt dare move a muscle in case they might notice her and turn their wrath upon her. She doesnt understand why anyone ever yelled, she much preffered silence when angry. And the damned piano plays on.

 

© 2012 K8lyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on May 7, 2012
Last Updated on May 7, 2012

Author

K8lyn
K8lyn

Denton, TX



About
I am an average perfectionist. I'm slightly OCD. (SLIGHTLY if you didnt catch that.) I like poetry and LOVE books. I call myself artsy. um... my favorite color is green. I'm all about 80.. more..

Writing
A bit of blue A bit of blue

A Story by K8lyn


panic attack panic attack

A Story by K8lyn