Rescue Me

Rescue Me

A Poem by KaleDarkheart
"

Life at home, friends, drama all of it is very stressful for me right now so i typed this.

"

I'm sick of the crying.

I'm sick of the lying,

I'm tired of trying,

Inside i'm dying,

Rescue me.

No more fighting,

No, more, no more,

I'm done,

I'm finished,

Rescue me.

Don't tell me,

Don't say it,

I'm fine,

I'm fine.

Somebody,

Anyone,

rescue me!

I'm here in the darkness,

I try to find light,

Can't find it because,

I'm blind,

I'm blind,

Somebody,

rescue me now!

the stress overcomes me,

I cry,

I cry,

I try to be strong,

But I fail,

Though I tried.

Rescue me.

This life is not worth it,

I die,

I die,

Can't take this,

No more,

You're too late now.

I'm gone.

© 2009 KaleDarkheart


Author's Note

KaleDarkheart
I know its a little dark but bear with me, life at home has been really stressful and my firends have been getting into fights getting hurt, doing drugs while i try to talk them out of doing the drugs theyve hit me and stuff like that so take it easy on me. Life is stressful right now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It has a panicked and emergant nature about it's rhythm that works very well for the theme and tone of this poem. I think we all have had moments like this and life gets to be too much and we have had it and just need a break. In my opinnion you have done a wonderful job catching this moment of stress and desperation in the lines of this poem. Great job.
And as this reflects your personal situation, I hope things calm down and something gives and life is not so stressful anymore.
Brightest Blessings and Warmest Wishes,
Rhiannon

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This sounds like you combines the songs rescue me and my tourniquet your very good at these kinds of poems and it helps even more that you felt stressed it adds to your inspiration of you wonderful flow of words and it gives it emotions I really like your writing. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


It's great that you draw on your personal life to write this poem. After all, that's what writing is, in the end, about. It's about writing it for YOU, and not for anyone else. People may have opinions, but in the end, what's important is what your writing does for you.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of exclamation marks, especially when the subject matter is a little darker. Though I know you meant the punctuation to represent a sort of screaming, I feel like the poem might be stronger if the exclamation marks were changed to periods; you already achieve the sense of anger by the rest of the poem.

Best of luck.
Stay strong.

Posted 15 Years Ago


While the cadence was kind of nice, it seemed to want to be a pop song a bit too much. I kind of like the emotion, in that the tension in it kind of built up towards the ending, but that emotion basically fizzled out and made the ending (presumably the climax) pretty bland. I suppose if your aim was to point out how stress builds and builds, and eventually leaves you drained then you hit the mark.

However, due to the subject matter, I found myself bored with this pretty quickly. But I suppose thats just a personal thing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


*grins form ear to ear*
Wow!
Thank you so much!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this poem. It's definately going on my Favorites. I can relate really well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It has a panicked and emergant nature about it's rhythm that works very well for the theme and tone of this poem. I think we all have had moments like this and life gets to be too much and we have had it and just need a break. In my opinnion you have done a wonderful job catching this moment of stress and desperation in the lines of this poem. Great job.
And as this reflects your personal situation, I hope things calm down and something gives and life is not so stressful anymore.
Brightest Blessings and Warmest Wishes,
Rhiannon

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2009

Author

KaleDarkheart
KaleDarkheart

Winter Haven, FL



About
Im tall, thin, athletic, and i have dark brown hair almost black witrh hazel eyes tan skin. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..