Killing despair by hope.

Killing despair by hope.

A Story by kangsora

While people were counting their blessings, I was contemplating my past, pondering where it all went wrong, how did i get myself here. I dragged myself through broken glass, so you can imagine the wounds i'm left with, instead of healing them, I enchained myself with fear and despair, my morose state was slowly taking over my being. to the point where i no longer allowed a ray of sunlight in my place.
But i had to break off those chains, that held me captive for so long. I destryoed myself with my own two trembling hands. it is universally acknowledged that the greatest battle fought is the one fought against ourselves. So i had to free myself from myself, as foolish as it sounds.I'm my worst enemy. 
I dragged myself to the window and opened it, sunshine kissed my face as a lover would kiss his beloved. and I recompensed it with a faint smile. 
I walked to the door and opened it real slow to avoid that creak, I stepped out, my eyes were slowly getting used to the daylight, it was refreshing and i could smell the scent of the far away sea in the air.
I took a deep breath and closed my eyes and i let the morning breeze gently caress my face and hair. I smiled brightly than ever, as I could finally hear hope whisper in my ears again. 

© 2014 kangsora


Author's Note

kangsora
I'm by no means claiming that i'm a "writer". I liked it in here, and i'd like to post parts of my journal, or random thoughts, so excuse my lacking style, still, i would appreciate your opinion. Have a good day.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story...Your descriptions really sucked me in to the plot. I liked the ending as well :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


I thought you did a wonderful job, you're writing was very descriptive and I just love the ending. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Excuse your lacking style? I really enjoyed it! Keep on writing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


kangsora

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it, Thank you so much.
I loved it. It was very descriptive and I could really feel the emotions that the character was feeling. You should consider writing. It seems that the people in this community like your kind of writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


kangsora

9 Years Ago

Thank you Alecia, for taking time and reading it, and also, thank you very much for your kind words... read more
hi kangsora,
I went through your work and I love the imagery. I personally enjoyed the transition portrayed. I am not a great critique, but your work was quite nice :) keep on writing....

Posted 9 Years Ago


kangsora

9 Years Ago

Hello namita, well first thank you so much for taking time and going through them, and thank you for.. read more
You shouldn't rate yourself so low, I liked it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


kangsora

9 Years Ago

i'm really glad you did. Thanks a lot.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2014
Last Updated on October 4, 2014

Author

kangsora
kangsora

-, -mystic city, Morocco