Dear Mr. Time

Dear Mr. Time

A Story by Nyx
"

I had a friend, his name is Time. And until now I'm still looking for him

"

Dear Mr. Time,

 

I hope you're doing well. Recently I havent been able to write to you. These recent years are quite difficult and busy. However, during this time of midst I will still never forget you, my dear old friend.

 

 Its funny cause, Ive thought a lot on making this letter to you, and right now I can't seem to know where to start. But then Ill start at the very beginning. The thing is we didnt start off very well. I remember vividly how you used to wake me up very early to come and play with you. And then after, you would stop and say lets go home and do homework.Hahaha, I still laugh at the thought of that. How you used to make the adults like you by acting mature even though you're not.

 

Then after a few years, we still remain as friends. I was in high school and Ive found new friends. I apologize greatly for not always being with you. You were always a shy and timid person and didnt have many friends too. And I am forever in your debt when you comforted me during my first heartbreak. You keep telling me I told you soand that I will find the right person, and I just have to wait, and I was so mad at you. But still you never left my side.

 

The years in college were the hardest. I remember tons of projects and exams and couldnt even talk to you. Our friendship back then were growing farther apart. I wanted to fix it, but I never saw or heard from you. Till of course, graduation. You were among the crowds, as I remembered, they were finally giving me my diploma and you were the first person to stand up and clapped the hardest. I ran to you and ask where have you been? You answered that you were busy and said the word I will never forget till this day. Congrats, Youve earned it!, now lets have some fun!

 

 

The following years were both fun and exciting. We're together again and having the time of our lives. Whether I was at work or at home. You still never left my side. Until that fateful day.

 

Mr. Time, Ive met someone that I truly loved. He is kind and Id hope you would show up at my wedding day. But you didnt. I still dont know the reason why.

 

Mr. Time, through all the years that you were gone, I have missed you greatly. Though I will still tell you about what had happened through it all. I have given birth to twins. Their names were Anna and John. Ive told them all about you, and they wish to meet you someday, and I too wish to see you with them. Theyve grown up now, and are now having the time of their lives.

 

Mr. Time, the reason Im writing you this letter is because, my days are growing quite dim. I couldnt even write this letter without my hands shaking. But still I have to do this. Ive been writing to you for many years, but I havent received anything.

 

Mr. Time, I regret to inform you that this will be my last letter to you. My hair has grown white, my hands are now crinkled, my eyes can't see clearly anymore. Mr. Time Ive met a new friend. Her name is Death. He told me to write you and so I did happily.

 

Mr. Time……………….. Im leaving now…………………….. but on my last day I wish for you to know that you are still my friend even if you're not here with me anymore.


Yours Truly,

© 2019 Nyx


Author's Note

Nyx
I would gladly want to know how you felt. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This letter is written with a ton of creativity. I'm quite amazed at how I was thinking of "Mr. Time" as being a number of possibilities, as I read along -- could be time, could be god, could be a forgotten best friend, on & on & on. I love a story that's written with many possibilities like this. Even tho you write about ordinary, everyday events in a person's life, your approach toward this written conversation is anything but simple. There are some interesting, thought-provoking ideas here that could open up different horizons for different readers (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


touching write,and very true

Posted 5 Years Ago


very good love the idea of writing a letter to time, and it was very smooth that she ran out of time to write the letter.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mr time has been there all along counting the days, hours, minutes, seconds

He doesn't reply very often
but he knows your strengths and weakness

he will remain at your side until you need him no more


Posted 5 Years Ago


Hello !! This is Taniska and I wanna tell you that your story is awesome . I think you want to tell us that it is very important for us. It is just like our freind . We should have to work with time instead of losing it and if we do that then we have to wait all the time to meet it again . Nicely written . Keep writing (( smiles )) 😊😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


I love the creativeness of your writing! I really enjoyed reading it! As I was reading it, I kept on wondering how will this story end, who knew it would be like that! It is a very touching story. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with us! Keep up the good work!

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
E7
I like it but unfortunately me and time are not such good friends

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2019
Last Updated on January 11, 2019
Tags: life, time, realization, shortstories, death, tragedy, toolate

Author

Nyx
Nyx

Writing
A path A path

A Poem by Nyx



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


In Dreams In Dreams

A Story by E7