A Lost Connection

A Lost Connection

A Story by KayKay
"

A bond between two people can be lost in a second. Shall we let the bygones be bygones?

"
II never realised this till now. Now that someone else has your attention. I never had to fight for it cause it was always there. Maybe I've just outgrown you. Maybe we just outgrew each other. You were there for me at my worst and saw all sides of me without a flinch. You were my personal bodyguard and late night cuddler. You inspired me to make the biggest and till today I still feel the best decision of my life  without even knowing, with just being you. You made me realise that there are better guys out there, who have goals, who aren't afraid to go after them, who acknowledge their flaws but strive for perfection anyway. You made me realise this because you are one of those guys. You made me not settle for something less than I deserve. You made me realise that I deserve more than what was in front of me. I miss you. I miss us. We were dynamite. Finishing each other's sentences and arguing like an old married couple. But the best part about us is we're or were friends. And those don't come around often. A true friend. Sure you slip up here and there. I do too. Who doesn't. I want to believe this is a new phase for you. That you're on a journey and you're learning and meeting new people and that I should take a step back and let you. Because I want to believe that this is the best for you and I want nothing more for you than the best. I want you to make the best choices for yourself without regret. I want you to live the life you imagined. I don't want to be a barrier that holds you back from achieving greatness. I want to be that pillar that supports you, that engine that drives you, that muse that inspires you. And If I can't be that I only ask that I be a mere shadow that watches from the sidelines, cheering silently but heartedly till the end of day. It's funny how fast we grow up. How we outgrow things and people. Maybe I've outgrown you, maybe we've outgrown each other. Maybe one day we could go back to the way things were. But then again, should we even?

© 2014 KayKay


Author's Note

KayKay
I don't know what this piece should be classified as? A story, Diary entry? Help me out=)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on August 16, 2014
Tags: connection, questions, simplicity

Author

KayKay
KayKay

Malaysia



About
Hey there! I'm new to writing and I love doing it. It's a form of therapy for me and my muse only comes around once in awhile. I've been afraid of showing people my writing, not knowing what they'll m.. more..