Atomic Dinosaurs of the NVA

Atomic Dinosaurs of the NVA

A Story by Karl Herzog
"

A sequal to a story I forgot to publish and not to be taken at all seriously. It's about the North Vietnamese Army creating a biological weapon to turn the tide of the Vietnam war to their favour.

"

During the late sixties of the Vietnam War a council of NVA (North Vietnamese Army) officers and a team of Scientists were brain storming on ways to turn the tide of war in their favour.  Gathered around a dark room inside an underground bunker, they sat silently trying to think of ideas.  Suddenly one of them spoke up.

 

"That’s it!  It’s an outrageous idea but…..our Soviet allies have sent us documents and instructions to create a biological weapon that will help us win the war."

 

Claimed an officer as he dramatically stood up and leaned on the table of the darkened bunker, one light shining on the table surrounded by staff.

 

"What is this 'biological' weapon."

 

All eyes turned towards the Ho Chi Minh look-alike professor as he broke the silence with his question.

 

"Atomic Dinosaurs!"

 

The entire staff laughed until the officer opened the manila folder he had before him and walked around the table passing out documents.  The Officers and Scientists gradually stopped laughing as they couldn’t help but look into the documents, they weren’t a prank, they were genuine and to their own surprise the staff were convinced.

 

The NVA worked on re-creating dinosaurs, following the instructions from the documents.  Using nuclear power with genetic cloning.  Working away in their secret bunker fortress dug into a hill, like a massive ants nest.  Regardless how secret the underground base was, eventually information leaked and US Army Intelligence found out but only had a vague idea of what was happening

 

The US Army sent a LRRP (Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol) to gather information.  The LRRP successfully found out what the NVA were making, they attempt to radio back what they found to HQ (Head Quarters) but HQ lost contact.  Something happened to the LRRP, they never returned with the information.  The US Army sent an entire platoon to find out what happened to the LRRP and destroy the NVA fortress.

 

The US Army platoon got closer to where the last patrol lost contact only to find strange footprints and large faecal droppings containing bits of webbing.

 

"The recon patrol were eaten...by Tigers?"

 

A short, stocky soldier asked as he pushed his black, thick rimmed glasses upon the ridge of his nose.  Tyron held up a chewed up army belt with the barrel of his M-16 rifle, at the same time pinching his nose because of the smell from the faeces.

 

“I don’t know much about Tigers but s**t too big for dat!”

 

The soldiers were standing at guard around the site, looking around their parameter but at the same time looking back at the unusual and disgusting find.  The Platoon sergeant standing in the middle next to their RTO (Radio Telephone Operator) pointed at the ground to their lieutenant.

 

"Those look like some sort of reptile tracks."

 

The two lieutenants talked to each other as the RTO called in their location.

 

"Can't be a crocodile because the tracks are too big and it’s the wrong place for it.  Couldn’t be a Komodo Dragon, not sure if they’re in this country but even then…. these tracks are just too big."

 

The platoon cautiously moved on to find the bunker fortress with shredded NVA soldiers lying around along with dead dinosaurs.  The Platoon stood stunned, after a routine search there were no living enemy to be found.

 

They called it in, black helicopters flew over landing at the closest clearing they could find.  Soldiers ran out of the helicopters scanning with Geiger readers. The Platoon were told to 'call it end of mission' and not talk about it.

 

The Soviets and NVA didn't consider nuclear power will create mutants but they'll die from radiation poisoning.  As for the dead dinosaurs, because they were contaminated they were routinely burned along with the bodies of NVA

© 2018 Karl Herzog


Author's Note

Karl Herzog
I reiterate, this story is not meant to be taken at all seriously.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on January 21, 2018
Last Updated on January 21, 2018