I Wonder...

I Wonder...

A Poem by Kat Collins

What are you thinking at this very moment...
What are you wishing as you gaze out the window at the crystal blue sky?
What are you longing for when you lay in your bed, tossing and turning, restless and unable to sleep?
What are you dreaming as you finally fall into a bottomless slumber...
What lays on your mind as you wake into the dewy morning, your mind befuddled with lingers of sleep?
What do you imagine when you lay on sun-baked, bleached sand, the ocean's waves lapping at your toes, with the burnished sunlight caressing your body?

I wonder...
Do we think the same things at the same moment, connecting somehow, linking together spiritually, fusing...
Do we wish for the same things as we gaze out windows into brilliant, aqua skies...
Do we long for the same things at night, tossing and turning in our beds, restless and unable to sleep?
When we sleep at night, do we dream the same dreams, meeting somewhere, reaching out, invading the other's night?
Do we awake sharing similar thoughts, our eyes still half-closed and our minds sleepily bewildered, blinking in the stinging sunlight of morning...
Do we imagine the same things as we lie on scorched, ivory sand, the ocean lapping at our feet, our bodies warmed by the brilliant sun?

One day, will we know the answers to these questions...
Or will they be left to dreams, wishes, longing, and imaginations?
Never fully reached...never really answered...
Only thought of...
Dreamt of....
I wonder....

© 2011 Kat Collins


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the longing in this, the simple questioning need to know and be with that person. The need to know if they understand us, and if we will understand all about them.

Lovely.


Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow... I love this :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Kat, this one touched me deeply because each night when I lay down I wonder the same things about a special someone. A wonderful piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Questioning is always inspiring. And your work captures just that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 6, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011

Author

Kat Collins
Kat Collins

Allentown, PA



About
I'm a writer, freelance web designer, and voracious reader. I'm a collector of words, experiences, and emotions. I've been writing since I was "knee-high to a grasshopper" and feel lost without it. Wr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..