Razor Blade Confetti

Razor Blade Confetti

A Poem by Kate Henderson

This is my brain on natural drugs 
Tossed into my skull 
Brain matter in shatters 
It hurts to think 
Handful after handful 
It's falling from the sky above 
I try to shield my face 
But to no avail 
Celebrate the pain 
I will create 
I am the mistake 
Depression and self-injury 
Fling up the thousands of shiny, steel blades 
Plunge them into my mind 
Filling the cells 
With a razor sharp edge 
It hurts to blink 
I sink 
Can't think 
The razor blade confetti 
Blows around in my brain 
All thoughts are cut with ease 
Destroyed 

© 2014 Kate Henderson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Why do I don't even have to think deeper into that peom to love it as it is? The thing about peoms is that you usually need to think about it in a different view and then understand. I actually imagined someone who was being cut by razor blade confetti, yet it was powerful to read. But I just like to read your works, don't think about it and making my mind imagine what it decides. This one was painful, in a good way and I appreciate your dark writing, it makes it so powerful and outstanding. Great job, as always!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have always had a fascination with the brain. Have ready many books on neuroplasticity. Dark and intelligent this poem is. I really "feel" every line, especially from personal experience.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I personally know how it is to experience the self-injury phase. I gave it up almost a year ago come October, but went through it on and off for 5 years. It wasnt an easy thing to give up, but I learned to grow from something new; writing. Producing words and poetry has really helped me find the inner problem and how to effectively direct away from it. The whole experience drained me and it took me a long time to realize how it began to affect those around me. In my eyes, I figured "why are they upset about what I'm doing if they aren't doing it themselves? Then would they understand what I'm truly going through". It's a struggle, but there's always a way out. We most always have a choice.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Why do I don't even have to think deeper into that peom to love it as it is? The thing about peoms is that you usually need to think about it in a different view and then understand. I actually imagined someone who was being cut by razor blade confetti, yet it was powerful to read. But I just like to read your works, don't think about it and making my mind imagine what it decides. This one was painful, in a good way and I appreciate your dark writing, it makes it so powerful and outstanding. Great job, as always!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As a general rule i hate poetry, even when I'm writing it, there is something about it that annoys me but this is an exception to that rule. It brought back a few forgotten memories. For something written from writers block this is extremely good, well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kate Henderson

9 Years Ago

Hey! It's interesting to see that you don't really like poetry ( I agree in some instance because it.. read more
Anytime a razor is used you know someone's has pain. depression is mentioned that hurts the brain searching for answers and finding only strain weaken by the pain on the brain. I wish you well and may God Heal. Blessing from me to you God's in the Deal.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kate Henderson

9 Years Ago

Hey! thanks for the review and your kind words, this isn't a personal poem though, I just wrote it w.. read more
A world of hurt and pain in your words. So much pain that s elf-injury is the only way back to you...but it doesn't like long. A vicious cycle. Very well written poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kate Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review, really pleased you liked it, Miss Owl :)
Miss Owl

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
OMFG

This is direct and intense!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Blogger

9 Years Ago

You are a good writer. This one was fun to read....although very intense. I think too many writes.. read more
Kate Henderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your kind words, means a lot.
Blogger

9 Years Ago

No problem at all.
I think you are a superstar here at this site.
Wow, absoluely stunning!!!!
I love the title, the flow, the awesome rhythm, and the ending. I like how you kept "destroyed" in a line by itself.
in my favourites!!:))

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kate Henderson

9 Years Ago

Hey, thank you so much for your lovely review, so pleased you enjoyed:)
That`s incredible!! Outstanding! But hey.. you ain`t the mistake, you`re a form of "Love." (smile) Nice imagery..very creative write you come up with intermixing the dj mix of blood and life and then razor blade & heart. Awesome to read! ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wórdsmíth

9 Years Ago

Lol.. oh yeah, I got that but except ..yeah.. that one too, are you on any other site? ;) I`m asking.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Wórdsmíth

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for being kind. Hey, now you can cut your above comment from this convo because I .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

699 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 22, 2014
Last Updated on July 22, 2014
Tags: poetry, dark, horror, imagery, death, depression, fantasy, magic, mystery, pain, poem, sad, life

Author

Kate Henderson
Kate Henderson

United Kingdom



About
Hi, I'm Kate. I write dark poetry. Frequent themes in my poetry seem to be horror, fantasy, darkness, death (and beyond), nature, philosophy, and fear. Thank you for visiting! If you like/dis.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cheers! Cheers!

A Poem by Rita L. Sev