You Said You Wouldn't

You Said You Wouldn't

A Story by Kate Ruta
"

A story for my fiction class I am taking.

"

You Said You Wouldn’t

 

            “I said I would” Joyce said in a quiet voice.

            “But you didn’t” Vittoria said in an agitated voice.

            “Well… Well…” Joyce said stuttering.

            “You didn’t try. You promised it would only between you and I and now almost everyone knows in school. You said you wouldn’t tell anyone. Why would you tell when I asked you not too?” Vittoria said with an angry voice as if she is ready to kill her prey.

            “ Of course I said I wouldn’t. I know I said I would keep it a secret.” Joyce said looking down at her toes knowing that she didn’t keep her promise.

            “ I told because…” Joyce said quietly.

            “Ummm…” Joyce said.

            “Ummm why? Because why?’ Vittoria slightly raising her voice towards her. Her face was getting slightly red and her heart pound really fast.

            Joyce just looked down at her toes and tried to avoid looking at Vittoria face, but she slightly moved her eyes up to see her. Looking at Vittoria’s red face and the sadness showing in her ocean blue eyes. Then she completely looks up, looking at her with a blank stare. Not knowing what to say and not knowing how to explain to her why she told.

            “Well…” Joyce stuttered out.

            “Well, what?” Vittoria said as she folded her arms across her chest.

            “Well… Joey and I were talking at a party. We were talking about all sorts of things and he then asked me about you.” Joyce said looking back down at her toes. Looking at her bare feet and pink painted toes.

            “Talking about me. Why would you talk about me?” Vittoria said with a confused look.

            “He was asking me why you were so strange. Said that you have changed over the past few months. That you are more distant from everyone.” Joyce said looking back up at Vittoria.           She looked at her in her ocean blue eyes noticing that her eyes starting to fill up with tears.  

            “So, you decided to tell him what happened.” Vittoria sated.

            “I didn’t want to tell him at first but when he started acting as if he truly cared about you. I kind of figured it would be okay to tell him. He told me that he liked you and was interested in you.” Joyce stammered.

            They were both quite and just looked at each other not knowing what to say.

            Joyce looked at Vittoria and noticed a tear roll down her soft rose-colored cheek. Vittioria could not look at Joyce anymore. She just turned away and walked away.

            “Wait!” Jocye shouted.

            Vittoria stopped and stood still not turning to look at Joyce. She was too sick to her stomach to look at her. Joyce started towards her slowly.

            “He did ask first on why you were in the hospital and I didn’t think about just telling him it none of his business.” Joyce stated.

            “That the problem you didn’t think about it, you just went for it.” Vittoria stated as she started in Joyce eyes with nothing but pain.

            “I know I said I would keep it a secret but I didn’t.” Joyce said looking at Vittoria.

© 2014 Kate Ruta


Author's Note

Kate Ruta
ignore grammar or spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on September 23, 2014

Author

Kate Ruta
Kate Ruta

CT



Writing
By the Sea By the Sea

A Poem by Kate Ruta


Pills Bread Pills Bread

A Story by Kate Ruta


Iceberg Iceberg

A Story by Kate Ruta