Icy Memories

Icy Memories

A Story by Kathryn

  

     I can still hear your voice in the chilled winds that blow about me, it’s so cold. And I fall for your lies once more as I close my eyes imagining the warmth of your body so close to me. Your arms wrapping me in a tight hold, and for some reason everything seems right in the world...Even us… 

I could stay here in your arms forever. I feel so secure, yet so uneasy. Just like the way it’s always been. I can feel it now, the warmth of your beautiful tan skin against mine, keeping me safe from the bitter world around us. 

I can hear your heart beating faster, like its always done. I can see your eyes how beautiful they are, they are even mysterious and encaptovating even in my memory, how they are amazingly engraved in my mind, they haunt me everywhere I go. When I’m with you loneliness cannot reach me, problems cannot get to me, all I can see, hear and feel is you. Your heart, your lies, your eyes, your arms... Just you...

 And everything feels perfect, it feels so wrong its right....But everything is turning cold now, how can this be? I can suddenly feel the wind pulling you away, taking my safety and shelter, I try and grasp your hand as the wind demands you be swept away from me but it is no use... Your gone…

 My eyes are now open and it is cold once again. The warmth of your body I no longer feel. And the loneliness creeps in, the world around me now frozen. The weight of everything feels to much to take as I lay on the icy ground. I am alone, cold, forgotten… Torn… Yet I still whisper those words off into the breeze, those words will only linger within the trees for no one is here but me… 

                                                     “I still love you.”

© 2016 Kathryn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Truly beautiful. You can really feel what the narrator is feeling as you read, and the end is strong and leaves a mark on your heart. Very good writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathryn

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your review!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on September 26, 2016
Last Updated on September 26, 2016

Author

Kathryn
Kathryn

Myakka city, FL



Writing
2 a.m Sadness 2 a.m Sadness

A Story by Kathryn