Isn't It Odd?

Isn't It Odd?

A Story by Wallflower
"

not quite a story, more of a thought.

"

 

Isn’t it odd that the evidence for everything we’ve come to accept as “real” comes solely from our own conscious realization and affirmation of this physical world we live in? Physical�"meaning we can feel it, and if we can feel it, then we too are a part of every other being’s reality. You can reach out and touch someone, feel them with your hand, your fingertips, your embrace, and the ‘someone’ you’re touching is sharing that physical experience from their own consciousness. Two separate entities, who could never feel what the other person was feeling personally, only their own. And that is speaking only of physiological stimulation, the emotion each entity experiences is far more complex,  and their reality does not take the form of matter in time and space�"no, they are subjective, extraterrestrial, above and beyond any simple conscious affirmation. And yet our emotions�"which we cannot see, taste, smell, hear, or in the physical sense feel with our bodies�"are felt with such intensity and a profoundly undeniable existence. They belong to you, and only you, this is how you know you’re real. They trigger thoughts, and what you think becomes what you say, and what you say is what you believe, and your beliefs and ideas on your life are what make you who you are. And makes them what they are…and you feel the most alive and real when your mind is flooded with thought and emotion.

                The oddest part about it all�"when you catch a glimpse of that stranger staring back at you when you pass by a mirror, or walk by a window. Your reflection stares back at you, you look at the only person in the entire world who is experiencing and feeling and understanding that world exactly as you are. The one physical piece of evidence of your reality, and it’s not real. That reflection is not real, you can’t reach out and hug yourself, and she’s trapped inside you just as much as you are inside yourself. You look into your own eyes and its mind-blowing all that those eyes have saw, all the years, months, days, minutes… even this very second. And everyone else looks into your eyes and is absolutely oblivious to all the emotions and thoughts that are trapped inside memories like a picture with a title. A title that is a definition, and all the titles combined defines your existence. No one can see it. Almost makes you feel invisible, like a ghost, stuck inside this intricately designed machine that operates by means of a heart, a brain, blood and lungs. Each function working effortlessly to maintain our physical existence, we barley understand it, yet we live in it. The gas that fuels this machine though, that phenomenon is so unique that we have yet to wrap our scientific hands around it. The gas is the mind, the thoughts that turn to actions, the actions performed by our vessel is indeed a significant variable to our existence, but those actions would have never themselves existed had our minds not thought and willed them into the world.

                Isn’t it odd? Our physical realities are determined by a physically nonexistent being.      

© 2010 Wallflower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes, this a wonderful play of words, but there is much more; but surely you know that...for instance, in that mirror, if you'll pause and give the visage serious consideration, you'll get introduced to the "legion" within...when you sort that out and bring all the Self into singular consciousness, then you'll have other wonderful things to write about...you're a very smart person, and "smart" is a tool that can take you all the way from here to there... isn't it odd...Ed

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Added on April 9, 2010
Last Updated on April 9, 2010

Author

Wallflower
Wallflower

About
If you want to become whole, let yourself be partial. -Lao-tzu more..

Writing
Breathe Breathe

A Poem by Wallflower


Synergy Synergy

A Poem by Wallflower