Compulsive Joy-Rider

Compulsive Joy-Rider

A Story by Wallflower
"

just another quirk.

"

I think it’s the momentum. The constant movement. You just keep driving, making a left whenever the urge arises, making a right at the same point. And all the while as you make these irrelevant choices, you contemplate all the relevant decisions you must make once the momentum stops. That’s why its feels so clear and the answers are right there�"in one way or another. And every song sharpens your mind, clarity peaks and you feel as though each left and right, each piece of time you’re moving through�"not dormant�"but in active motion, is parallel to your progress towards the choice you’ve made. It’s glorious, and motivating, and euphoric when we imagine our ideal selves, ideal others, and ideal lives. Celebrate with a cigarette. All momentous experiences deserve one. Just don’t stop driving, because once you do, you stop moving, in reality and in your mind. When you sit in class, interact with friends, lovers, family, at work, in the coffee shop, you’re in one place at one time with another being doing the same. You’re occupying those spaces of your life where the choices you’ve made must gain their own momentum. To make a choice is one thing, to turn it into existence is another. To give a choice momentum is to make it a reality and cause and effect are your best friend. The choice you must make, to reach a goal that made you chose that choice in the first place, is an entity. And causality so generously tells you that the occurrence of an entity depends on the occurrence of another entity.  The point is, your choice is the cause, its goal is the effect. Certain properties are going to cause certain effects and a lot of them are quite obviously either going to defer your desired effect, or encourage it.


Have your emotions give the decency to your mind to bring into existence your happiness.

© 2010 Wallflower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on April 9, 2010
Last Updated on April 9, 2010

Author

Wallflower
Wallflower

About
If you want to become whole, let yourself be partial. -Lao-tzu more..

Writing
Breathe Breathe

A Poem by Wallflower


Synergy Synergy

A Poem by Wallflower