Failing

Failing

A Poem by Katy
"

Your life would suck without me? Nope.

"
When I think about it, he's only a memory, a high of my imagination. But the reality hits me, and I remember, "Oh, right. This is the one who let me get away." Still, I can't imagine a life without him. Or can I? He claims to be in love with me. He claims to miss me every day. But he goes and indulges in pleasures that are unknown to his closest friends, and searches for the same warmth and comfort he once found in me. Searching up and down the phone book, and still can't fill his needs, so of course he wants to come and cry on my shoulder. I let him, at a distance, but he can't bare to think of a life without me. Why? I'm no more special than the rest of the girls in this world. Why can't he settle for just being friends? "I'm in love with you and I can't help it. I wish you were in love with me too." Genies don't exist, don't expect your wish to be granted. Sand slipping through your fingers, not all at once, but through each opening you have. Why'd you go and kick the hourglass over, if you loved me so much, and couldn't imagine a life without me? Please, just accept the fact, I am over you, you don't frequent my mind a bit, and I am in love with someone else, including myself, not to sound conceited. I made peace with my body and found someone who loves it and me as a being as much as you did and as much as I do now. Be happy for me, that's all I'm asking. Just be my friend. Be happy for me.

© 2009 Katy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on December 23, 2009
Last Updated on December 23, 2009
Tags: a l e x

Author

Katy
Katy

AL



Writing
Non Believer Non Believer

A Poem by Katy


I sigh With Joy I sigh With Joy

A Poem by Katy