Stuck.....in between!

Stuck.....in between!

A Story by kaushi
"

A one shot....

"








Sparks flew!
The elevator stopped!
And along with it. ...two hearts stopped as well!

Her eyes widened in terror! And her lungs choked!

He was equally terrified. ...and reached for the help button.
...and in the meantime he stole a glance at her...she was almost pale!

He knew what would happen next. ...and exactly that was what happened.
Tears rolled down her porcelain cheeks...

Gosshhh! The short journey from the 12th floor to the ground which he had decided to complete without a word ...had left him stuck to eternity. ...with a claustrophobic soul beside. ...who needed immediate support. ...n who had tears in her eyes. ...a thing which he could hardly bear...

So...he had to break the silence. ...
" Don't. ...worry. They must be sorting out the thing. ...short circuit. ..." ... he had to stop. ...cuz she had shut her eyes so tight. ...it seemed she wasn't interested in listening or trying to relate to anything around her...
He knew this...he knew what was going on in her mind. ...he knew she couldn't tolerate closed spaces. ...he had seen the exact thing happen two years back...


He was looking at her...n the darkness inside the elevator couldn't stop him from cherishing the serene figure beside him...dressed in a white saree...which added to her pure beauty. ...

He looked away. ...
No...even his eyes should not cherish anything which was no more his...but which used to be...very much. ...

He could remember the thing that happened in a similar elevator which had stopped. ...two years back...
' " Close your eyes...just close your eyes. ..."
She shut them tight ...as tight as possible. ...and he smiled...
" Count backwards from 1000"
" I can't. ...I can't. ...opphhh I am choking. ..." ... she wailed...
" ok...no need. ...you better don't think of anything. ..and let images flow behind ur closed eyes...the first image you see...is the closest to your heart. ..."
She did so...and he could see a smile cross her face...
As they came out of the elevator minutes later...he had asked. ...what did you see???
Her eyes glittered. ..." you...! ...'





Lights came back...the elevator started moving. ...the flash back erased from his eyes...n he looked at her again. ...
She had opened her eyes...and was staring straight into his...
He couldn't say...a word...

Ground floor!
They came out. ...were greeted on being safe and secure. ...
They had to walk along two different paths again...
He looked back at her...
So did she...
But...
Neither could he ask..." whom did you see with your eyes shut ????"

Nor could she answer. ..
" You..."

© 2015 kaushi


Author's Note

kaushi
I'm a beginner. ...and I really need advice. ...Please please please please do comment. I'll be waiting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi Kaushi,
I am Sammi and I am new here.
You may be a beginner, but your love story is far better than I could ever hope to write.
What a wonderful imagination you have my new friend.

Thank you immensely for sharing your great story,
Sammi x

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 2, 2015
Last Updated on June 2, 2015
Tags: love, break up, unspoken feelings.

Author

kaushi
kaushi

kolkata, India



About
I'm a twenty year old lady......with a slightly different perspective of the things around myself. And whatever I do....I do from heart...lest...I don't! more..