I want someone to love

I want someone to love

A Poem by DarkStar

I want someone to love who'll see the me I am, and the me I'm trying to be.

I want someone to love who'll watch Old fashioned Disney, from the 90s or so. And sit with me while I watch Notting Hill for the 100th time.

I want someone to love who'll see my insecurities are based in me and not in them. And who'll learn to tell me of their own down falls one day.

I want someone to love who'll see beyond the physicalities of a relationship. And who'll love me even when I fail my own expectations.

I want someone to love who'll have no expectations. But believe that I'm trying when I say I am.

I want someone to love who'll learn how to cook, or better yet already can. Because I don't want to starve and can't cook beans in a microwave.

I want someone to love who'll love my family. They're part of who I am, the good and the bad, my loyalties to them are strong.

I want someone to love who'll tell me when and if they don't like something in our relationship. I need it to be both ways. Tell me and I can try to be better for it. We can try.

I want someone to love who'll understand when I can't be touched, I still want to be. God do I want to be held.

I want someone to love who'll learn to understand the thing that most people don't. Wanting something, isn't the same as being able to have it, at least not for me.

I want someone to love who'll bring me a flower they found on the ground. That cost them precisely nothing and is for no reason at all.

I want someone to love who'll understand that trusting someone doesn't eliminate fear. I can't promise to never be afraid, but I can promise to try anyway.

I want someone to love who'll keep doing what they love, even if I hate it or can't be a part of it. Because I'll care about it because it matters to them.

I want someone to love who'll have as good a night inside the house as outside. And on the nights where going out is to much for me, I want someone I can trust to come home again.

I want someone to love who'll take it slow. Give me time because a love like ours will be new to me. It'll take some getting used to.

I want someone to love who'll be their even when I don't want them to be.

I want someone to love who'll never lie. I can take the greatest heartache the world has to throw. So long as it's the truth.

I want someone to love who is real. Whatever real is to them, just be it.

I want someone to love who loves animals and children. And maybe we'll have our own, and maybe we won't. And that's ok.

I want someone to love who'll laugh even when it's not funny. Because to laugh at the hardest times in life makes them easier.

I want someone to love who'll live in the moment with me, but who will put up with my irrational fears about the future. I know the world won't end next month, just because some post on Facebook, which seems perfectly logical to me, says it will, but I know it won't happen. But then again, what if it does?

I want someone to love who'll love me, the way I love them. With everything they have. Like it's the last time either of us will ever fall in love. And that way even if it isn't, and we don't last forever. We can say we tried our best and it just wasn't meant to be.

I want someone to love.

I want someone to love.

I want someone to love.

© 2018 DarkStar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

and i also want that too... but then sometimes fate wants something else.. too sad

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2018
Last Updated on July 2, 2018
Tags: Love, idealistic, hope.

Author

DarkStar
DarkStar

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I also put pieces on other sites, under the names of DD. and DarkStar7 - So if you see those names on other sites, then you may just have found me! ---------------------------------------------------.. more..

Writing
Paper List Paper List

A Poem by DarkStar