Four Months Ago & Always

Four Months Ago & Always

A Story by A Glow in the Pit of My Soul

6 years ago today, I was sitting on a swing-set in the middle of the night, thinking about how my world had been turned inside out over the last few months. You were right by my side, willing to face the storm �" and at first, I told you “no” with tears in my eyes, not wanting to subject you to any more chaos. But all I wanted was to say “yes” and within minutes that’s what I did. And I have not any regrets, ever, over these 6 years. You are my rock, my solid ground. My anchor through tidal waves, my tether on the days I start to float away. But you lift me up when I need it most. To this day, you still make me laugh until my face hurts. I still get butterflies, I still break into a smile in the middle of a kiss. You slow my head and steady my heart. We have been through so much, and we’ve held each other through it all when others would have let go and walked. You know my darkest secrets, all my faults, and you still look at me with love. And I do the same for you. If all else fails, if all turns to dust, we’ll set sail on a ship built from trust. I would still waste it all for you. Home will always be whenever I’m with you. Whether it’s a park bench, a car in the midst of winter, a hotel, or a house. I don’t need a fancy ring, because you are branded in my Soul. Our love is extraordinary. Happy 6, 808.

© 2015 A Glow in the Pit of My Soul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on January 22, 2015
Last Updated on January 22, 2015
Tags: love, relationships

Author

A Glow in the Pit of My Soul
A Glow in the Pit of My Soul

MA



About
My Legs Can Barely Hold All My Heart & Soul. Live Tall, Live Loud, Live Wide. I was born an old soul with a fresh face, and a knack for taking whatever is in front of me and creating a mast.. more..

Writing