Embraced by the light book review

Embraced by the light book review

A Story by youngpoet98
"

Embraced by the light is by Betty Eadie. This is my interpretation/feelings on the book.

"

          Embraced by the light is a book about a woman who dies after her hysterectomy. She recounts her experience with Jesus and other angels and reveals what it’s like in the Holy Land. Part of me was skeptical going into this book, but it didn’t fail to offer me a sense of inspiration, and if I must admit, a sense of relief. What’s crazy is what bothers me most about death and the afterlife, is what punishments I may receive for my weaknesses, or how harsh I may be judged by Jesus. In the book however, when she was stood in front of 12 angels who were conversing about her return to earth, she was told to watch her experiences on earth and judge herself on her actions. She saw the negative things she did which caused people pain, strife, and judgement. She felt in her heart how bad it was, and yet Jesus told her that she was being too harsh on herself. She was then showed the positive moments in her life where she helped others and spread love and joy. And this made her realize that love was the answer, and that it is the cure to all ailments on earth.

          Some other moments that stuck with me in this book, are the messages and explanations that align with some things on earth. For example, after she saw the light and spoke to the 3 minister angels, she went into this dark tunnel that she said could only be the valley of the shadow of death. She later learned that some people are stuck there, that are scared to move forward, and that others choose to stay on earth in order to comfort their families. That would explain the mystery that involves ghosts and why some spirits stay, and some don’t. And even later in the book, she spoke about warrior angels and demons who try to destroy and kill other spirits. That could explain why some people feel a dark presence when talking to spirits, while others feel a serene and calming sensation, which could be loved ones, guardian angels, or even the warrior angels.

          When Jesus and the 12 angels told her that she was advised to go back to earth, she was shown a vision of a homeless man and began to think about suffering, and why Jesus would allow poverty and pain in the first place. In order to understand this next part, we have to know about one of the things she learned while being in heaven. Every spirit and human soul was involved in the creation of the earth and plays a part in the evolvement of the earth even today. People are never reborn, rather they volunteer to come to earth to help a fellow spirit or nudge a struggling spirit in the right direction. When she saw the homeless man and began to feel sorry for him, they explained that the spirit in his body was close friends with the spirit of a lawyer that worked on the block. He went to earth to nudge the lawyer in the right direction and to remind him of his purpose on earth. While they are strangers on earth, their spirits recognized each other, and the lawyer would in turn, help the poverty issue that is disastrous in their neighborhood.

          You could be wondering, why do I still feel left in the dark? Well, according to the book, we are born with a veil of forgetfulness. In the beginning, God gave us the gift of free will, and he promised not to intervene unless we asked. When we pray, a light shines into heaven on our behalf, and our prayers are answered on the severity or strength of our prayer and belief. Some people only have little sparks while others are bright and strong. And according to the book, mothers who pray for their children are the first prayers to be answered. If we are wondering why our prayers aren’t answered, then maybe we should step back and look at our beliefs. With faith and with love and with power, I believe that we can accomplish anything that we put our minds to. Or I guess in this situation, what we put our prayers to.

          As far as purposes go, even though we know what it is when we descend upon our mission, we no longer know what it is once we are born. It is up to us to make our decisions, and to use our talents to help and heal others. As long as we love and care for others as Jesus cares and loves us, we have already finished part of this puzzle called life. If we are still and connect with our spirits and guides, then our purpose will be revealed to us. How fast or slow is different between each person, but it brings me comfort knowing that each stop is for a reason. Each obstacle is there for us to strengthen our faith. You are not a failure, nor are you a loser. You are just a person who is finding their purpose and learning to love others the way that you should.

© 2018 youngpoet98


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on May 26, 2018
Last Updated on May 26, 2018
Tags: embraced, angels, death, life, hysterectomy, God, hope, love, faith, other

Author

youngpoet98
youngpoet98

whites creek, TN



About
My name is Kayla and I enjoy all things creative. I usually write poems and stories though. I recently started college and I am still not sure what I want to do yet. Right now, all I know is that I wa.. more..

Writing
Symbols Symbols

A Poem by youngpoet98