Beauty Fades Away

Beauty Fades Away

A Poem by Kay Salisu Titilola
"

This is a little elucidation of my insight about beauty. How it mesmerize people with its irrepressible power of enchantment, causing most people to misbehave.

"

I was charming to every eye,

I was the center of everyone’s attention.

No one pass without looking at me twice,

Yes, everyone even stares at me the more.

Sometimes I’m cool, sometime I’m bright,

Sometime I’m god of many colours.

I’m rated higher than a million gold,

Yes, I can fetch you silver in millions.

 

But as human life I expires,

I fade away in the wink of an eye.

Time make me depreciated

And moment belittled my charming rate.

I became the god of the past,

My value became nothing but a cipher.

Now I walk but no one hail,

No one even acknowledge my passing by.

 

Life makes me antiquated.

Age makes me superannuated.

My existence is no more recognized,

And my glitter is now outdated.

My overweening is gone,

No more supercilious attitude.

I wish I could again be young,

And return to when I was young and beautiful.

 

 


   Note; I wrote this poem not to decry the art and quality of beauty but to let us understand that it only lasted but for a while and not to rate it above our future or our dreams.

    Most of the youth today are so ignoramus that they run after handsomeness and enchanting and bewitching appearances. They prefer to be called the most beautiful than being rated the irrepressible dream-chaser. Some would even say, “When it’s time, the future will showcase itself.” Yes, future will always come. But the quality and the greatness of that future lie on the way you planned and structured your present time and way of life.

   The most exasperating part of it is when you found many of them destroying their skin cells with some cantankerous bleaching cream. Yet, they still called it beauty. That is too fatuous! Stupidity at its highest stratum. And while doing all this, they won’t even have time to think once on how to prepare positively for that age, when that so called beautiful face would become wrinkled and found no one to commend it again.

   To me, the most essential, spectacular and the most incredible things that is worth striving for is how you can attain the greatest height and how to experience an idyllic old age rather than wasting your time and energy on some kind of floccinaucinihilipilificated and gobbledygook  illusive things.

   I would have belabored more on this issue elucidation, but time and space won’t permit me for now. All I could do is to enclose it up by saying, “Beautiful appearance is only limited to when you’re young and alive. It is only your achievement on earth will be the one to announce your existence to the generations that comes after you.”

 

© 2018 Kay Salisu Titilola


Author's Note

Kay Salisu Titilola
Hello,
How is this write up?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on January 29, 2018
Last Updated on January 29, 2018
Tags: chase the dream.

Author

Kay Salisu Titilola
Kay Salisu Titilola

Ijebu ode, Ijebu ode, Nigeria



About
Just trying to reveal to the world about my point of view about life. What I think life is and How I think we can overcome. Through my experience and challenges in life, I've been able to figure ou.. more..

Writing