The Beauty of the Night

The Beauty of the Night

A Poem by Keanenr5696
"

This is a poetic description of a beautiful setting. I hope you enjoy!

"
The dark of the night is a temptingly beautiful sorceress which can play with your deepest passions. While it can bring a momentary fear, the unknown is the strongest hold on the beating heart in your chest while you sit alone in nature’s dark room. But the release; the pure release of the night is perhaps the most freeing thing you can find in your life. With bugs and animals serenading you in a harmonic fashion, the calmness of the settled trees, all under the beautiful twinkle of everything above is serenity in it’s purest form. A cool summers night, the type of nights where everything seems to come together, you are freed from all your problems and regrets. You are free from the world’s expectations. You can sit while everything melts and evaporates outside of the bubble you are now the center of. The silhouettes of everything standing before you is a beautiful backdrop where the lack of detail and color makes for something that can’t be matched. The statuesque trees stand still, but yet they dance. Without ever moving an inch, they dance how they feel to the chorus orchestrated by the moons glow. Beauty can be found in anything near and far, but much of what you find will pale in comparison to the night I witness here before me… because it is the present moment; a moment which is both fleeting yet never ending waiting to be seized and adored.

© 2018 Keanenr5696


Author's Note

Keanenr5696
What do you think? Anything that you would consider improving/changing? I am always open to constructive criticism! You can also follow my page on Facebook - The Present Moment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on August 8, 2018
Last Updated on August 8, 2018
Tags: Nature, Night, Beauty, Metaphor

Author

Keanenr5696
Keanenr5696

Cobleskill, NY



About
Writing has always been a passion of mine, and over the past few weeks this passion has grown significantly. It was just recently that I created a Facebook page called The Present Moment so I could sh.. more..