Lich

Lich

A Poem by KeeD
"

The transformation of a high school girl into a monster. Popularity, being skinny, spreading rumors and alienating old friends for fake new ones. The two ideas just made sense to fit in a poem.

"
Leadership
the creator of rumors 
the mother of gossip
consumed by chaos

Intelligence 
hours and hours of conversations
between the mirror and self
reanimate me into vanity 

Confidence
striving to be the best
more often at my own risk
in reach of immortality  

Hate
root of my existence 
fuel my hunger
to be the biggest b***h 

I am a Lich  

© 2013 KeeD


Author's Note

KeeD
In modern fantasy fiction, a lich is a type of undead creature. Often such a creature is the result of a transformation, as a powerful magician or king striving for eternal life uses spells or rituals to bind his intellect to his animated corpse and thereby achieve a form of immortality. Liches are depicted as being clearly cadaverous, their bodies desiccated or even completely skeletal. Liches are often depicted as holding power over hordes of lesser undead creatures, using them as soldiers and servants.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dye
Great write. I really do enjoy your dark persona and how it's reflexed in your poems.

Posted 10 Years Ago


At first I thought that this is going to be about the hero Keltuzad the Lich King. But whatever. Very entertaining.

Posted 10 Years Ago


KeeD

10 Years Ago

Oh I write those kinda pieces for myself :P fantasy and lore are my favorite kind of writes.
Very original concept, not to mention profound write, amazing use of language. Witty acrostic, the last line, cuts you deep. Amazing write, Keegan! Thanks for sharing not only this poem but that tid-bit of information regarding "Lich" -- will definitely (try) to store that info. in my hat... pen on! - xoxo:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is very clever and insightful Kee, I do love the word Lich, for it is a derivation of the Dutch word corpse / "lijk" I found this a good acrostic one, with real intense thoughts woven through it. It's beautiful to learn everytime I watch your page, new things. I could not imagine myself as a Lich, at least not to be a Lich, with evil intentions or authoritarian behaviour, so this was a pretty good experiment, to replace yourself into a mind like that. Tell me, is there an anime game of it? lol :) Great work here my friend.

- Elisa

Posted 10 Years Ago


Every line is poweful. Like a giant bubble bursting just above your head.
Competition and the struggle to be perfect has taken a turn for the worst. It is ruining lives and potentially wonderful personalities, in both boys and girls.
Loved the comparison with Lich. Very unique:-):-):-D.

Posted 10 Years Ago


very creepy and intense...this reminds me much of "Mean Girls"

and i always wonder what goes on inside the head of these people...is there ever really happiness and contentment...or are they always striving for what they don't have and what they aren't---and will never be...miserable people have only one way of feeling better...

antagonizing and belittling others...


really insightful work here, keegan...

jacob
jacob

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2013
Last Updated on July 15, 2013

Author

KeeD
KeeD

Mumbai, India, India



About
Hey I'm Kee, I'm 32 and work as a journalist in Mumbai, India. I dabble in writing poetry and do it purely to pump out the creative juices in my being. Thank you for stopping by, live, laugh and love .. more..

Writing
The Glory The Glory

A Poem by KeeD


Calamities Will Calamities Will

A Poem by KeeD



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bonfires Bonfires

A Poem by KeeD


~Blaze~ ~Blaze~

A Poem by Robbie~xoxo~