Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria

A Poem by KeeD
"

read the note for reviewers after, thanks!

"
 photo a000754ffa3ab39c5ded113d44225a82_zpsjmyvxi3p.jpg


They are plotting how to objectify
Under a sky of broken trust
Rumours begin to multiply 
Forming puddles of disgust

Corridors house the veil of deception
Authority looked the other way
Tangled in webs of sticky humiliation
Hoping for the end of day

The brochure portrayed a safe haven
Far from this adolescent war
One lost soul ain't worth saving
But a reputation is worth fighting for

Barricade the doors of freedom
Let the halls ring with screams
Pray to God for you might need him
Relinquish all your hopes and dreams

The barrel of the devil's tool
Weighs my soul with burden
the day I dreamt I shot up my school
Where my conscience lies uncertain

© 2018 KeeD


Author's Note

KeeD
Phantasmagoria - a sequence of real or imaginary images like that seen in a dream.
A poem about hurt, bullying, torment and suffering. A reason to reach out and feed the pain by deflecting, reflecting and inflicting it on others. Not the way to go about any situation, your best bet is to talk to someone and reach out and start a conversation with people you trust or can build trust with.
If you are in crisis, reach out for help https://13reasonswhy.info/


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Soft approach with heartfelt tender sentiments. Of lost hope and for a better tomorrow. For particularly the younger folk. Who still have many years left on this planet called earth. I really enjoyed the softness and tenderness of the flow of this dark poem. It shows your soft heart, your tenderness and a true spirit of a loving decent human being. A journalist with a heart and soul. Now that is great. in this day and age. I mean that nice. Not nasty. As a modern journalist. are told what to say and do and report. Nowadays. not like olden times. You could say and do what you liked.

Posted 5 Years Ago


KeeD

5 Years Ago

I completely agree we with. Most of us journalist are mouthpieces, used and disposed like tools for .. read more
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

And I you also KeeD. kindred spirit. I think I have found in you.
It takes great courage to not only write such a powerful, realistic poem, but to share with others. I appreciate your honesty, always. You have touched the heart and soul in such a way that this piece will stay with me as I ponder how one's anger, pain, etc. can lead to such tragedy. Great job, Kee.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I love this version of the song.. The poem is amazing.. .

Posted 5 Years Ago


you’ve covered the topic at hand, with creative brilliance...the subject matter is oft’ swept under the carpet till it’s too late, left to grieve ...then finally look back & remember all the signs.

anyhow, this is quite a compelling, fantastic ink,
wrought with sensitivity.
thank you for your author’s note and for sharing. ~ x

Posted 5 Years Ago


Very brave to put this one out there. The tone and rhyme scheme were perfectly matched to the subject matter and in this day and age, we write about what is happening as long as we do it out or love and the hope of understanding the madness. I believe you did that her. Great Job!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Powerful write. Last two lines 'the day I dreamt I shot up my school, Where my conscience lies uncertain', freaks me out. I have wondered over and over again, why anyone even if they are hurting, have been bullied or suffered torment, would want to inflict such devastation on so many others. I have a real problem with violence. It sickens me so much, that I can't watch a film or TV if I think it's going to appear. That says quite a bit about me, and I have no clue where that comes from. The very opposite of your subject matter. You are so creative. The image you have posted, quite creepy. The eyes are the windows of the soul and all I saw is torment and pain. Someone who doesn't show it on the outside but they are locked inside their own prison. Your choice of music, I know from Johnny Cash. I love it, but it is incredibly soulful and sad, full of pain. I am left thinking about the Columbine massacre and the misery. Your poem flows well, rhymes and I am a big fan anyway of your writing. I also read the author notes.

Chris


Posted 5 Years Ago


KeeD

5 Years Ago

Hi Chris, thank you for reviewing this poem of mine. I was scared to put it out there due to the sub.. read more
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Hello Keegan, poems deserve to be read and responded to. We can not ignore things we don't understan.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2018
Last Updated on May 28, 2018

Author

KeeD
KeeD

Mumbai, India, India



About
Hey I'm Kee, I'm 32 and work as a journalist in Mumbai, India. I dabble in writing poetry and do it purely to pump out the creative juices in my being. Thank you for stopping by, live, laugh and love .. more..

Writing
The Glory The Glory

A Poem by KeeD


Calamities Will Calamities Will

A Poem by KeeD



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bonfires Bonfires

A Poem by KeeD


forgiveness forgiveness

A Poem by Emily B