Exhausted

Exhausted

A Poem by KeeD

I have been moving cautious

Yet I think I am in love

then again, I say it too often

Now my hearts exhausted

 

 

If I am going to fall apart

that is my hearts right

I do not need any more tears

tears cause sleepless nights

 

 

I am over the notion

of being able to handle my emotions

What is the next heart break going to cost like?

I rather walk the freeway on a dark night

 

 

Run over sunny side up

I’m so done with you I’m fed up

How can I love someone else?

When I cannot love myself

 


© 2020 KeeD


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

it gets hard to move on when we can't love ourselves. But sometimes once we do get to that point of loving ourselves, we get protective...of our own hearts.
I have been for years...avoiding the complications of love, feeling like I had enough relationships in which I compromised, and compromised and compromised. Now I am just me, and okay with that. and my cat.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is interesting, a poem starting to address unrequited love. Then the introspection seeps in. Indeed you are so right, the brokenness inside of us blocks to ability to send or receive love. That disposition then negates the ability to even start that love so well addressed in the start of this writing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Sometimes a good break for reflection is needed before another trip down love's pathway is contemplated. Breakups are painful and can be exhausting. I get the feeling here that the best solution is to take stock before moving on. You convey emotions well here Kee.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


this is a good way/mode/style, KeeD, reminding us all about how much we can learn from love, and heart breaking, and the Call from our Higher Self, always the most hard ways. is a universal theme. thanks for sharing it. sincerely, Amber.

Posted 3 Years Ago


it gets hard to move on when we can't love ourselves. But sometimes once we do get to that point of loving ourselves, we get protective...of our own hearts.
I have been for years...avoiding the complications of love, feeling like I had enough relationships in which I compromised, and compromised and compromised. Now I am just me, and okay with that. and my cat.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes it takes too much of time to move on in life. One must know when to give up and what is moving on. Self love is very much essential in ones life. Losing one's self respect and not valuing life is the greatest mistake. I liked the last para as it is what one should do rather than living in past and whipping over it..

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
5 Reviews
Added on April 23, 2020
Last Updated on April 23, 2020

Author

KeeD
KeeD

Mumbai, India, India



About
Hey I'm Kee, I'm 32 and work as a journalist in Mumbai, India. I dabble in writing poetry and do it purely to pump out the creative juices in my being. Thank you for stopping by, live, laugh and love .. more..

Writing
The Glory The Glory

A Poem by KeeD


Calamities Will Calamities Will

A Poem by KeeD