Kelly in Dreamland

Kelly in Dreamland

A Story by Kelly N
"

Kelly wakes up in an extremely strange place.

"

 

Kelly in Dreamland

          One day I woke up… just like any other morning, or so I thought. I got up and looked in my drawer to get dressed… I had one style of shirt, but I had several of them! You’ve probably figured out what I’m wearing by now. I walked out my door to go to the store, when I opened the door, Welcome to Texas signs were all over the place! I saw a man walking down the street so I ran up to him and asked him where I was. With the most hill-billy voice I ever heard, he said, “You’re in Texas silly filly!” I was so confused because I live in South Carolina! I knew whatever it was it was weird but I asked him for his name anyway. He replied “Bill! And your name must be Kelly!” I was thinking how does he know my name?! I realized I had a nametag on though. That’s not the only thing I realized… where are my parents?! How will I get places?! I asked Bill (the man with the green queue) how would I get places. He told me there was a car place where I could get a car for a penny! Wait, I can’t drive! When I said that he told me you can start driving when your eight-years-old in Texas! I was shocked! He even told me where a pet store was. I figured if I had time I could stop there too.

          I went back into my tenement to get my wallet, when I walked into my room, everything was different! The walls were green and orange polka dots, there was a huge slide in the middle of the room, a two x three flat screen on the ground, it was crazy! I still got my wallet and walked into the living room. The living room was different too! The carpet looked like a ping pong table, the couch looked like a hotdog, and the walls looked like a football stadium! I kept walking though, down to the car shop.

          When I got to the car place a lady wearing a bright orange sweat suit jumped out in front of me. She yelled howdy, then wanted a hand shake, even though she gave me a heart attack. I shook her hand and asked her what cars she had today. She responded with two cars. One was a neon purple minivan, and the other was a neon pink smart car. So basically I could choose from a grape or a strawberry. I chose the smart car because I like pink. I drove it to the pet shop almost wrecking several times. I parked it outside the shop so I could get some pets too. I walked about three steps away from my car when I suddenly heard a loud noise. I turned around and a gigantic monster truck had just ran over my strawberry and kept driving! My car was now flat! Once again I’m without a car, and I’m not going to buy that grape car, that would just look silly!

          I walked into the pet shop and asked the lady with an afro what pets she had in store today. She said she had a two-headed guinea pig, a blue giraffe, and a yellow rabbit. Weirdest pets ever is what I was thinking. I took the blue giraffe though and I named it Phil. She told me Phil’s favorite foods. He likes hamburgers, chocolate, pistachios, and peanut butter. Sure enough… I gave him some peanut butter and we were best friends forever! I went on home with Phil, and I saw a sign at the gate. It said no pets allowed! Then I saw an extension to it saying unless you have a blue giraffe that likes hamburgers. It was my lucky day!

          I realized at this point things were getting a little to weird. So I went and talked to Bill. I asked him what was going on and how did I get here. He finally told me I was in a dream! It makes so much sense now! He told me I dreamed of being shrunk down to the size of a hot wheels car. So I was driving around in a hot wheels car. I knew I had to wake up now, so I pinched myself. I woke up, looked in my drawer and I had different color clothes.

© 2011 Kelly N


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Can I have some of that stuff you're taking?
*bird*

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Added on September 5, 2011
Last Updated on September 5, 2011

Author

Kelly N
Kelly N

Smiling faces, beautiful places, SC



About
I really don't like reading but when I get into a book I like I get so interested in it. My fav school subject is writing. I love being outside, and in the country. I love fried chicken!! I really lov.. more..

Writing
Bogus Bogus

A Story by Kelly N