Laces

Laces

A Poem by Keleki
"

Life and it's struggles

"

We lace ourselves into the many binding shoes

of society and into our everstretching minds.

The laces fastened tight, until that day you've walked to far

past the edge and into another time of day.

Where the days are not so much the same and the path behind looks like nothing from which i've just came.

The life before me changing, the laces wearing out.

As the shoes get left behind for someone else to step into and find that paths life lessons.

For i've outgrown that pair to start anew a path possibly less traveled.

With a fresh pair of shoes laced up to the top, the challenges are set every step i'm growing stronger, in the hopes of a rememorable tomorrow.

The days that lay behind me overstretched for endless miles, and my life has only just begun.

I'm not backing down i'm facing this till i strike the ground, till i find my last pair of shoes all laced up tp go, to teach me  i've been found.

I have alot of roads to travel and alot of shoes to wear.

I'm going till the end until my mind is free to bear that life is not some game you only get one chance and from the first step on you can't ever take it back

© 2010 Keleki


Author's Note

Keleki
Please tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vin
I loved this! You gave shoes and laces a whole new immense meaning! Oustanding write, well done!

-Beth

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
... magical ... is what this verse is ... a cosmos of existentialist philosophy ... simple, profound and elegant and by no means simplistic ... beautifully conceived and rendered ... "the shoe" has been deployed with impeccable skill to symbolize the different dimensions of that journey called life ... great verse ...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 14, 2010
Last Updated on May 14, 2010

Author

Keleki
Keleki

CO



About
Hey so my name is Kelsey and i love to read! I also love to write as well mostly poems though. I'll basically read anything as long as it sounds good but my favorite is fantasy. I'm the type of pe.. more..

Writing
unknown unknown

A Poem by Keleki


Stolen Stolen

A Poem by Keleki


Fallen Fallen

A Poem by Keleki