The Taken

The Taken

A Story by Kelsy
"

Book cover was done by me! All photos in the picture were from Google Search. Editing program Cs5. To see the the photo double click the photo. Thanks for reading this short story! :)

"
     I see Jason's hand over my face trying to catch my attention. I reach out trying to grab it for him to stop.
"What Jason?" I whine.
 "What do you mean what? You been looking off in space for 5 minutes without saying a word to anybody," he said.
"Ah, sorry. I'm just thinking about my dad. You know he is going back to war tomorrow."
  "That's right... sorry I forgot. I'm sorry. He'll be fine. He probably won't be in combat."
He's probably right but, I can't get this off my chest easily. I breathe in carefully trying not to seem upset.
"You're right! He'll be fine! Oh,no! I'm late. I gotta go Jason see you tomorrow?" I said.
"Yeah! See yeah!" He screams as I made my way out of his house.

   I look up at the sky with it's glorious color's blushing right back me. My face is tingling with the thought with my father back at war. I don't even know what he is fighting for. My mother or father won't tell me why. Why fight for something without a cause? I brush off the feeling for the moment. I need to be strong for my little brother Caleb. Caleb is two years younger than me. He worries a lot about stupid stuff like bugs and monsters. I mean I know he is only eight but, he acts like he is five sometimes.

 I finally made it to my house. I look down at my watch it was two before seven. I rush to the door before my mom starts to yell for my name.

  "I'm home mom!" I scream as I made my way inside.

"Oh, good I was about to scream for you." She smiles.
 "Mom where is dad?" I grin.
"In his bedroom with Caleb. Let him finish talking to Caleb before you come running in." she states bluntly.
 "Why?!"
"He is giving Caleb a goodbye speech for encouragement when he is gone."
 I nod my head and my way to my room to finish my homework. I was half way done when suddenly I hear screaming I run outside to see a stranger in our house.
"Mom! What's going on?!" I shout.
"Lucy take Caleb to your room! GO!" My mom shouted.
 Without any thought I grabbed Caleb in ran to my room and locked my door. We went inside our closet and opened a secret door buried in the back of my closet. I let Caleb in first and I follow after him. I shut the doors behind me as we run out of the house. We made our way to Jason's house. I pound on the door screaming on the top of my lungs to let us in.
 Jason's mom finally opened the door.
"What's wrong guy's?" she said in a panic.
"Some guy's came to our house with guns..."
Her eyes became wide and she rushed us inside her house. She quickly called the police and explained what I told her.
 "You two go to Jason's room and lock the door."
 We quickly made our way to his room without looking back and locked the door behind us as told. When we got there Jason looked confused and nervous.
"What's happening Lucy" Jason said.
"They found us." I said shaking hugging Caleb tightly.

© 2014 Kelsy


Author's Note

Kelsy
Please point out some grammar problems! I want to improve upon what I already know! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on March 7, 2014
Last Updated on March 14, 2014
Tags: War, Teen & Young Adult, Teen & Young adult novel

Author

Kelsy
Kelsy

SC



Writing
The light The light

A Poem by Kelsy