The Theory of Correspondences.

The Theory of Correspondences.

A Poem by Ken Simm.
"

Connections

"

When the stones grew slowly.

The world was made of these. The lines of our perfect stone bodies accepting the first light to grow. When the subtle and the gross became one. The liquid of pain that was the final flowing of what we lost. That pain is thought. It hurt to think of it.

Light is to wisdom as warmth is to love. These are the thoughts that come from the theories of correspondence.

A river delta of branches. A ripening of air in the summer heat. A time in which we stood together and watched the places that grew together.

A curl of tree bark seen in the blink of a deep old eye. Long lashed and ancient.

The blue veins marked on young naked skin became a secret tattooed wing map to deeper understanding.

Life was captured in sculptured stone. Pressed and nearly immortal.

A golden image was made of the things we once worshipped in the light of wisdom. A synchronicity of types fallen from grace.

Lucifer’s comet dropping the distant miles to earth and becoming finely forged steel tempered in cool water.

The legends we believe. The forging of parables and teaching myths for the elements.

The mathematical code of design above is not because the watch maker is signing his work over the eons of time. There is a lack of evidence.

Earth, air, fire and water.

A fall of water is a fall of stars. A fall of blood filled sound.

A rushing of a spirit wind of emotion blocking the nerves from pain and reaching for it’s twin in a universe of identical wishes, forever displaced.

As above, so below.

Father Sun and Mother Moon

It is when the minds grew.

Beyond the teacher. Beyond stories.

The wishes grew with them and time stopped flowing. Only to repeat itself in secret communications such as these.

A stone became a flame.

A flame became a flower.

A flower became a winged feathered wish.

The feather grew the wing. The wing beat the air and the movement caused a moment of original thought.

Stone grew fossilised flowers that died in soft sand. Bone became hard stone.

A congruence began when the stones were built upon by magical hands.

Art became false worship.

And by this the world was formed.

 

 

© 2013 Ken Simm.


Author's Note

Ken Simm.
As above so below is a cornerstone of Hermetic thought and was reputedly found on the Emerald tablet in the dead hands of the legendary Hermes Trismegistus.
The correspondence theory of truth states that the truth or falsity of a statement is determined only by how it relates to the world. The theory of the watchmaker applied to creation suggested that design required a designer.
The painting is mine and is a European Eagle Owl. Private collection UK.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This piece spoke to me. I live in the Southwest US and have always felt that when I look at the Rocky mountains - the mesas, the volcanic floe - that I am looking at the "bones of the earth"
Perhaps as an American - in a "young" country - we don't relate to the ancient architecture - the resonance in old buildings because our cities are only a few hundred years old - but ancient places have timbre to them that is hard to articulate. This poem speaks to that thought process in my head.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

I've been to a few places in America where I've felt this feeling of connections. Yosemite, The Paci.. read more



Reviews

Love the painting, you are as wise as that old owl. This reads as if the gods wrote it, so many significant lines whirling about in my head. You are a phrenic master my dear friend.

A fall of water is a fall of stars. A fall of blood filled sound.

Resonating....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J. J.  Nightingale

10 Years Ago

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (javsacript) isn't associated wi.. read more
Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

I'm sorry about that Jazz. But the oxymrons were not intended to be taken seriously. I'm sorry also .. read more
J. J.  Nightingale

10 Years Ago

Sorry..? I liked them was funny ... grrrrrr I am outta here
As your "Author's Note" defines it, the correspondence theory of truth sounds a lot like plain old politics.
"As above, so below" could mean many things.
And, it seems to me, it is not the theory of the watchmaker so many intellectuals object to--or can even effectively refute--it is the The Watchmaker they will not tolerate. Using the notion that things are the way they are--and couldn't have been any other way--as proof that no design was employed, hardly merits a Q.E.D.
In any event, Ken, this is, as we've all come to expect, a deeply knowledgeable and beautifully composed piece; illuminating philosophical areas most of us don't often enough visit.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

So many things I don't understand. That is what words are for to attempt understanding and thanks fo.. read more
this looks disconnected, but those who have used these stepping stones to bridge the river of knowledge to the far shore of knowing, see the path as finally smooth...your wise old owl is keen-eyed, and your words a teaching

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

Taught for thirty years can't seem to get out of the habit. Thank you Ed for your words to my words.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

709 Views
13 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 21, 2013
Last Updated on June 3, 2013
Tags: magick, love, thought, hermetic, life, conections, corrispondence, theory, esoteric

Author

Ken Simm.
Ken Simm.

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
'I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well. Unfortunately, I am confined to this theme by the narrowness of my experience' Thoreau. For all those who .. more..

Writing
Canon in D Canon in D

A Poem by Ken Simm.