Something Shines

Something Shines

A Poem by Ken Simm.
"

Showing

"

I know I will write her something that will shine.

I know deep in the forest of my thinking; there it lies in wait.

For light to illuminate it.

For the green and silver streams of thoughts to bring it down into the dappled mote laden air.

For the trees and rocks of my philosophy to grow around it like snow capped bonsai mountains.

It waits for me to create its form.

As the light out of darkness in Caravaggio

As the architecture of Vitruvius

In natural Rococo shapes

It is whole

It will use line and shape and tone and texture.

It will cast colour faceted and see its many contradictions in composition.

It will run into sweet wild clearings and sunlit meadows rare and full.

Painted by your favourites

Under your high Impressionist light

Sur le motif

Then it will fall under the dark witch trees of my memories.

It will be of me, flawed and complete.

It will be of my world and enter yours.

As I do so and long to do again.

Take my paint my love

Take my wonder of the world and its myriad natures

And use it

Move yourself into a Rothko door of layered coloured paint

leading to another life

And fly beyond it to

pastures open to the sun

 

I will write you something that will shine

And you will shine for me.

As a glass shines on a morning table

As filled with promised mist as an ear fills with morning music

In rich baroque chambers

Talk shines above the glass

And lovers prepare liquid and kissed conversations

A yellow stained window shines

With the promise of the same chaptered morning

Illuminated manuscripts scatter across tables

And there are earth glazed ceramics to drink from

A heart of Gold

Is delighting in your company and

answered richly

Written and painted

Sung and spoken

Love lies longest on the breast

And in the breath

Of my lady singing

 

© 2013 Ken Simm.


Author's Note

Ken Simm.
This is only the first part. You may find the clues, some spoken some not. The painting is mine and is called Epona.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LJW
When a writer writes of love; deeply in it or getting over it, the variations of expression run the gamut. When I look at your writing about love, I see a deep rooted knowledge and appreciation for art, nature, andmythology. Your writing is as much about the love of these subjects as it is about your love of the woman. Your writing is complex inasmuch as the reader is required to think as much, if not more, than feel. A certain level of intelligence and education is required to fully comprehend your meaning. Take a Rothko door, for example. I read this in another of your pieces (if memory serves) and took the time to look it up. I never do this, but did in this case. I see it again here and I ponder how few will know your intent. How very ew will take the time to look up the many obscure references. held close to the heart of a learned man.

You commented so highly about my FD&C no.2 and it's companion piece. Observational, stripped down, writing about the loss of love. I challenge you, with deepest respect and encouragement, to write from the bare core of you, a love poem. Will you accept?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

I will and although I love complexity I will attempt it. Thank you so much for reading and researchi.. read more
LJW

10 Years Ago

I love simplicity. :-) Let me know when you post it.



Reviews

Sublime, it glistens on the page, and begs to be read aloud, sigh, you are the master painter...this is a lucky woman that has captivated your heart to write such exquisite heaven on the page....I am running out of adjectives for your work, suffice to say that it's enthralling and I'm in love.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

No I keep it in a secret place, but I'll never tell..........
Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

Can see it anyway with all that light shining from underneath it.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Dang it, I have to patch up those holes again!
This is sublime, Ken. It could be written to your love, your morning, your sun , your son, or your kestrel....it would fit them all, and it fills me with pure unashamed envy. P.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

My morning, yes for sure. My sun the same. My son, no because I talk of her. Cully for the same reas.. read more
Sur le motif...painting on the ground...and shell shapes by Racoco shapes, in the light out of darkness by Caravaggio...I have a feeling this is about joining your love in eternal life...maybe painting a monument as Vitruvius was known for his architecture or maybe an altar to worship her...Will look forward to your next poem....This was an interesting puzzle of a poem Ken...and the painting to me looks like a body laying down.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

Showing her some of my favourites and yes worshipping her with them. You've got it Rosie. I hoped re.. read more
I really like this. I know as much about art as an elephant knows about flying, but I checked some of the names. Caravaggio is I believe famous for his use of light and shade, Mark Rothko is a modernist with blocks of strong colours.Impressive the way you paint pictures with words too,the last stanza could be the description of a group portrait, in rich baroque chambers...
Impressive, intelligent poem...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

So you know bout Surrealism then? You are correct on all counts Leslie. Rothko's abstract expression.. read more
Every word a glittering love story, an offering of more than treasure. Tis beautiful. Tis unique, Written with care, stepping through time and space.

' It will be of me, flawed and complete. ~ It will be of my world and enter yours. ~ As I do so and long to do again. ~ Take my paint my love ~ Take my wonder of the world and its myriad natures ~ And use it'

If she didn't, don't doubt many would take her place. If you'll excuse me for saying so, I would! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

Would you indeed? I might take you up on that. You never know. Thank you so much Dear Emma.
well some of this i must say eludes me a bit...but that doesn't matter..

i get the love, i get the desperation of the poet to write the perfect love poem for his lady...one that not only will shine but make her shine.
"it will be of me flawed and complete (like i am)
/ it will be of my world and enter yours"

and hopefully the poem will enter your heart, and not long after i will follow.

beautiful composition here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Where will it go, what will the outcome be. This romantic heart is destined to write of love, will she respond, will she feel it, will she shine for him...

The painting is fabulous my friend. I love the clors and the rhtymic pattern. The poem sits right up there with it...very cool Ken.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily B

10 Years Ago

i do see it
Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

It was based partly on the ancient White Horses cut into the chalk downs and also on the Celtic hors.. read more
Jack...

10 Years Ago

Yes I can, now that you mention it. Very cool indeed. My friend, you are awsome. I didn't see me tho.. read more
It amazes me how you can express the intimate and personal so well as to make the process look easy. Shining this is.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

Sounds a little terse to say I'm glad you think so but I am. I am also over the moon that you like i.. read more
This reads as a love story.. And the painting and it's name brings a whole other dimension to this. The Celtic Goddess.. The fertile Mare..

Since this is part one it is yet to be determined if you "yourself" have found your goddess, or this in an interpretation of her past love in life.

It is a beautifully written piece. And I sighed over the words as much as any female who reads it... For what one doesn't want a man to feel this way about her?



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

Will reply better later Rogue when I get this damn notebook to work faster and better. Mountain both.. read more
Rogue

10 Years Ago

-smile-
I told you no worries, my friend. Just enjoy your weekend and the beautiful scenery. T.. read more
Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

More 10 days rather than a weekend Rogue. I am working at the moment on several commisions. So will .. read more
Both wonderful. You are an artist sir. A true artist

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

That you think so Mrs Hat pleases me no end. I thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

984 Views
23 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 27, 2013
Last Updated on June 27, 2013
Tags: Art, painter, love, romance, light, travel, she

Author

Ken Simm.
Ken Simm.

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
'I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well. Unfortunately, I am confined to this theme by the narrowness of my experience' Thoreau. For all those who .. more..

Writing
Mort Mort

A Story by Ken Simm.