Vide Cor Meum

Vide Cor Meum

A Poem by Ken Simm.

It was a complex pale night when she spoke.  When she told me these stories and I heard the past of other worlds and stories around her voices.

As the light curled and ghosted her dead face. Winds sang across lines of smoked air. She stole things from the dim and the listening.

Old fire touched the darkness in parts. Colours lost to obscurity.

Poems rose into a faded jewelled dusk. The illumined sang.

Peering deep into those worlds. Hard into that night resonance I awoke to her touching my heart. With one soft finger.

Glimmering spaces claimed her. Histories echoed and became insignificant.  Velvet dramas once rich.  Subtle tones manifest. A zephyr whispered across my ravaged face.

A reflected tear alone shone from a sad eye as she spoke of a dream of dreaming and a wonderful vibration passed in the sea of times.

Silver darkness laid itself upon surfaces. A compression of visions. This place is where recollections live. Singing spinning around her stories. She spoke to my lucid dreaming.  Her face forever in my mind.

A beautiful dark.  A deep heart.  Brief light in the forgetting. So, she sang to me about this trapping of shadows. So that I may forget old times and live where I now am. In my beautiful mountains. In my present life.

A sky of late darkness water falling. Night wings across a desperate madness. The language of wild hearts and dark wandering.  The soaring of destinies star flown together. A single voice singing high.

An alchemy of strange night vanities.

Strings in shuttered light. High the bright notes of speaking. Seeking her words. Sky high rain washed blue with the words. The words she gave me to use for these wishes. The music composed in my furthest dreams. Honour lit.

 

 

This music belongs in the soft distance. The songs of lives shared across the worlds pain. Landscapes abandoned into themselves. Flowered colours swaying in the winds of solar dancing. Here is her dead hand tight clasped. No blood flowing through from finger to limb placed there.

Finely choreographed sights causing these times to come again. Again and again, that there is this, wondering.

So far and so far. The tuned distance. Rivers in flood flying. Storm flocks caught Vide cor tuum. Here is your heart. Pressing against her breast. Holding.

I write feverishly, across this spinning landscape, complete. A parchment anecdote to her time spent only with me.

Laughing, loving, waiting, wanting, revolving in my still warm hand. Holding, pressing and feeling, rising unbound.

I enter the lovely dark of her slowly. A world begins again.

Wrapped in linen. Covering her bound tight in space. Tied to her joyous pain and wondrous crying. Saying her words out loud to a star lit sky and the tight shining skin of a body sanctified, deified.

Alive in this space. Aware only of this moment. Vide Cor Meum.

And the capture of joined hearts in a myriad multiverse. These things could happen, she said. To me.

 

© 2022 Ken Simm.


Author's Note

Ken Simm.
Vide Cor Meum means Here is my heart and is taken from Dante's La Vita Nuova. This is written for you only my Beatrice, my Heloise. Dante only saw Beatrice twice.
I wrote this for a funeral I couldn’t attend.
The image is mine and is the Atlantic coast of Barra. In the weatern Isles.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Death is finite but life is cyclical - there is something....beyond the curse of sentience that resonates in the depth of our souls and whispers that it is not over but beginning. This write speaks of sorrow and joy interwoven with beauty and grace.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Ken Simm.

1 Year Ago

I find myself increasingly hopeful for reincarnation. As long as I meet the true loves I had before... read more
Tis sad indeed for the poet not to attend a funeral for someone special; an awful feeling. Reality hits like a brick for all sometimes.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Ken Simm.

1 Year Ago

It does indeed Sami. Thank you for understanding.
Sami Khalil

1 Year Ago

Yes siiiirrrrr. You are welcome sir Ken.
Remembering a love passed and the time they spent together exclusively. She touched the poet in so many beautiful ways, said and unsaid. There is darkness of grief and loss in your words as well as visions of color, beauty and such togetherness. And in those moments, they were just yours to love and hold. Perhaps, one is also happy that they were so alive and together once under the sun. That dead face and dead hands are not really them. They are the live, beating heart pulsing away in you and all these wonderful words and the myriad of visions held in them.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Ken Simm.

1 Year Ago

You are right I've seen enough bodies to realise that is what is left is not them. Thank you so much.. read more
DIVYA

1 Year Ago

It is always a joy to visit your words and soak my spirit in them.
A enjoyable story to be read in the poetry. I liked the words "Vide Cor Meum."
"Laughing, loving, waiting, wanting, revolving in my still warm hand. Holding, pressing and feeling, rising unbound."
I liked the above lines Ken and thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


Ken Simm.

1 Year Ago

Means Here is my heart. I'm glad you like it John. Thank you.
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

I did and you are welcome Ken.
In and out of dreams remembering a deceased friend/love who changed the world..."I enter the lovely dark of her".... repeating her words of the cosmos... and times gone by; reliving the past and present; use of colors fading into colorless surroundings.... This is definitely stream of consciousness....or I'm totally out of it!
Best, B

Posted 1 Year Ago


All I can say is breathtaking! It is just plain out written to perfection in beauty!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Ken Simm.

1 Year Ago

Thankyou Karen
KAREN

1 Year Ago

My pleasure
wow. such soulful, heartfelt words grace this page. not sure whether to celebrate or cry. truly beautiful. these words and their captured imagery soaring so loftily. bravo ... :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

2 Years Ago

Thankyou so much my friend. I appreciate those words
You see,

You have this extraordinary talent to write form the Souls' ink through the heartbeats then into the pages, creating a whole realm of your own, taken and breathtaking us into there... there is not even one line in your piece that doesn't carry a deep feeling or a deep thought, every word is chosen so carefully, so caring... the way You managed to speak of higher world both in a science and souls way was magnificent to me because not so many are able to balance both, keeping the effective essence of both... You are in love there, in love not only in one dimension, but in more than this three dimensional world... You experience it, You breathe it, You feel it, You write it... without even trying hard because it is as it is, it is You and whom You truly are, your truth. a most pleasurable read of sheer beauty and inspiration. majestic and sublime.



Posted 2 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

2 Years Ago

You are too kind my friend. I am honoured by such a review.
lightsong

2 Years Ago

You deserve every word, and You are warmly welcome~
a deep eulogy full of darkness, dreams, wonders, past life, more dreams, waking to uncertainty, only wanting to be where you are now; where the mountains shroud you in peace on the western shores of your homeland. A fleeting moment of joy, captaining joined hearts.
Very complex with color, obscurity, vivid dreams, awakenings...... well done (I could never think of those words!) Best, B

Posted 2 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

2 Years Ago

Such a lovely review. thankyou .
Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Excuse the tardiness, but you’re very welcome
Best
B.
Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Please peek at mine, many thanks!
There is heartbreak in this....and beauty. There is longing and there is regret. Obviously you loved her deeply even if the love was unrequited. It seems she was beside you even when she was not physically there. Quite the masterpiece here, Ken. Lydi**

Posted 2 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much Lydi. Much appreciated.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
20 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 11, 2022
Last Updated on May 14, 2022
Tags: love, dreams

Author

Ken Simm.
Ken Simm.

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
'I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well. Unfortunately, I am confined to this theme by the narrowness of my experience' Thoreau. For all those who .. more..

Writing
Canon in D Canon in D

A Poem by Ken Simm.


Mort Rex Mort Rex

A Story by Ken Simm.