Rebuild

Rebuild

A Poem by Kendallbass
"

Once again, I consider this a poem even though it has no rhyming or lines to create a rhythm. This is for those who prefer to be alone sometimes, letting buried thoughts surface.

"
She spends her nights alone, consumed by unwelcome thoughts that spend most of their time buried deep in her mind, patiently waiting for a moment of weakness. Even in their hiding spot they linger just slightly, their presence never forgotten. Somehow she prefers it this way, growing tired of the constant need to keep a smile painted on for the satisfaction of others, her lips becoming more and more strained with effort. It's easier with no one around to please, no feelings of obligatory conversations laced with fake laughter, no one to entertain while focus is elsewhere, trying to push back those thoughts that will inevitably surface. So she sits in silence, letting her mind struggle between thoughts of good and evil, logic and desire. Images of her past pound in her skull, and the feeling of want is all she knows anymore. Satisfaction has become almost a myth, something forgotten deep in her mind along with the past she craves. What happened to the rational thinking and independence that used to occupy what is now so hard to control? Weakness was something she knew nothing about, and now it's all she has. The wall she spent years building has crumbled, the debris being the only memory. Time to search through the rubble for something to stand on. Time to rebuild.

© 2013 Kendallbass


Author's Note

Kendallbass
I've been trying to improve my imagery and how I articulate my feelings into something the reader can easily grasp. Let me know how I did and how I could improve.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this really made me think in a way that moved me. thank you! I enjoy it

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on June 15, 2013
Tags: Metaphorical, poem, deep, thinking

Author

Kendallbass
Kendallbass

Saco, ME



About
I am an aspiring writer looking to branch out and share my pieces with others who may enjoy what I have to say. I am always looking for feedback and hope to continue to improve my writing so that I mi.. more..

Writing
Storm Storm

A Poem by Kendallbass


Web Web

A Poem by Kendallbass


Finally Finally

A Poem by Kendallbass