Eat

Eat

A Poem by KendraDiann
"

I used to have a eating disorder, end of story.

"
Sad-eat
Happy-eat
Bored-eat
Insert emotion, open mouth.
Feel the lack of control, the constant need.
Watch as it owns you,
As it changes your body and warps your mind.
Pouring hot fudge into an endless void.
Try to fill the hole, Try to fill the emptiness.
Pain-keep eating
Disgust-keep eating
Kill yourself with food.

© 2010 KendraDiann


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

At the beginning three lines, I thought you meant each word as a noun. As a single word. I would do something to clarify your meaning here. Other than that, I think that this piece is very good. The last line is very powerful and wraps the rest up very nicely. Overall, great piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Welcome to writerscafe, Kendra! I'm glad to be first to review this piece!

The GOOD: Your usage of imagery in this poem are useful yet not overwhelming. It compliments the purpose of the poem. I also need to congratulate you on helping to show others what an eating disorder is like. A lot of people frown upon it like it's the persons fault. I have to say that awareness of what is meant by 'disorder' couldn't have been given better than in your poem. The last line of your poem really sets the final emotional climax as to your feelings toward this disorder.

The BAD: I was confused with the first three lines, and it gave me a bad taste before I even started really reading it. It made much more sense once I read the fifth line. This is the only bad I can see.

Your poem was awesome. I ask that you keep up the good work and I thank you for posting this. Feel free to review my writings as well, for I'd love to have your suggestions! I rate you a 99/100!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2010
Last Updated on April 12, 2010

Author

KendraDiann
KendraDiann

Nowhere, OH



Writing
Stalker Stalker

A Poem by KendraDiann



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..