Midlife Nativity

Midlife Nativity

A Poem by Kenneth Nicholas Lowe

A smile, I feel, thereto whilst in my sleep,
In comforting grasps, where oft I don't lie
I feel the transitions of the sun leisurely creep
So bold, through the over stayed nigh

Rays of light, piercing my eyes
Like needles, yet I feel no fret
As the sun grows bolder upon the skies
Irregular ease, Mind and body at rest

At the border of reality and a greater truth
No frowns, from a body, in motionless mute
Expositions of a world that lies in wait
Instills no worry, no care, nor hate

Unhurried the eyes, raises their gate
Unfamiliar have become these familiar sight
The clock screams out, 15 minutes late
I raise my head, thus begins my flight

Whilst I soar, with grounded feet
This environment bright with unnatural colour
The gaze into the mirror's deep
Who is this strange and dashing fellow?

By and by, this alien world,
much stranger than the last
And i who've been through many dimensional twirls
Sanguinity runs through my veins alas

© 2014 Kenneth Nicholas Lowe


Author's Note

Kenneth Nicholas Lowe
So, I've started writing poems that are not filled with dark emotions and this is my first go, cause finally life took a turn for the better.

Please be critical, i can take the constructive criticism :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Sanguinity runs through my veins alas" I think that pretty much sums things up. What a great feeling to awaken fresh and new from an old dark and dreary place. You have put your joy into words so well. I know I feel better for them.
Thank you.
There are brighter tomorrows, after all.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a very uplifting pen.Your lines are flawless and well written. I really liked this pen K.N.Lowe ;-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i am glad to hear that your life took a better turn.. as far as this one goes.. i was there in bed. not ready to get up.. even when everyone was screaming i was just waiting for my dreams to get over... its a beautiful one and what i really liked was this..

The gaze into the mirror's deep
Who is this strange and dashing fellow?

dashing fellow..hmmm good good.. keep feeling that buddy.. be at your best always..thanks for sharing Ken :)

Raj

Posted 9 Years Ago


The line which struck me the most"i soar ,with my grounded feet"... whoa!! I wish to fly high yet plant my feet in this transient world.this is a deep and a moving piece.You've dived into the sea of your emotions which has resulted in this wonderful poetry. "Keep smiling".. walk towards the light,th darkness will surely ebb away. ;)

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nothing critical to offer here...this is a deep and poignant work with lots of food for thought...I'm not at the midlife period yet but I'm getting close, and I can feel it...I can feel the sense of inner peace in it and it makes me glad...your descriptions of being on a flight in the air was creative and unique...and the transitions of the sun, which sometimes feels like the only constant that can be relied on in life...I thought this was a moving piece of introspection, and I hope I feel this way in a few years...nicely done kenneth.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A lot of depth and meaning in this one, alongside some incredible imagery and great word choice. Well done Kenneth!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like this very much you can tell the depth and wonder in this very well written too :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is such a beautiful poem for one who is "waking up" to the brighter attributes of life. Well done! Thank you so much for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is good. I love the switch in rhyme scheme halfway through. You clearly paid attention in English class and it has wrought worthy results.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this poem. It is so deep and beautifully written :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014
Tags: Midlife, Nativity, morning

Author

Kenneth Nicholas Lowe
Kenneth Nicholas Lowe

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
Born to the Human Race, I live in the land of India for the time being with a major ancestral inclinations to the Anglican and Celtic anthropological denominations. With that being said, My day job.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..