Love

Love

A Poem by KenzE
"

This about learning to love everything about yourself, even the bad stuff

"
They visit me but never with invitation. Braking into my home and heart and safe places to reap their sorrows into my brain.
And while I never ask them there I will never push them away.
Each of them must be handled with individual attention and care. Each of them I must learn to love- for if I won't no one ever will.
The boy with the paper thin skin and eyes darker than empty universe.
He places his hand on the space below my throat and the world drains of color,
replaced with reminders of every sadness I have ever faced. But I love him- for if I don't no one else will.
The girl with the too short skirt and the too tight shirt, who's smile is more sincere and more terrible than anything I have ever encountered,
She reminds me that in useless, that I'm untalented, that I'm ugly. But I love her- for if I don't no one else will.
This girl joins hands with the slippery business man of my subconscious and together they share not quite whispered secrets.
They inform me that while I'm ugly everyone around me is beautiful, and talented, and important.
He drips unwanted hatred into my mind, directed towards those who I love most.
And he is cruel and the worst part of me. But I love him- for if I don't no one else will.
And while I love them and feed them they will take turns, and sometimes work in tandem, to destroy me.
To take bits out of my heart and sips of my soul. And before the last light fades from my eyes I am visited by one last lurking figure.
He is the monster, and the emptiness, under my bed, in my closet and in the back of my car.
He is the empty darkness and the voice inside my head that reminds me that all of them are real. But I love him- for if I don't no one else will.

© 2015 KenzE


Author's Note

KenzE
Let me know what you think! I'm alittle worried it's too vauge.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Neo
It reminds me of how low I feel when I'm in a depression phase. I need to love myself because I can't just expect others to, especially when they don't understand.
Thanks for sharing. This was beautiful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
1 Review
Added on March 2, 2015
Last Updated on March 2, 2015
Tags: Depression, paranoia, self love

Author

KenzE
KenzE

NY



About
I'm 17 and I write sometimes :) more..

Writing
Andrew Andrew

A Poem by KenzE