Hap•py

Hap•py

A Story by Kezia
"

About a relationship that needed so much more than physical contact and that carrying the past with you can often be heavier for your loved ones.

"
He was a patient boy. He waited for someone who wore perfection to find the grace inside of him. Some may consider him an aberration but kindness flowed through his veins.
She was demure and morose. In the deepest part of her chest she carried many burdens many of which are to never be removed. She acquiesced to old lovers demands, too afraid of the reaction of her saying "no". In the depths of her mind was her clandestine depression.
The day the boy was finished waiting for the girl he was elated. They may have been morose but for what seemed like a long time they were happy.
Hap•py
Adjective
Feeling or showing pleasure or contempt.
She abhorred herself and because of that she could not love him the way he deserved to be loved. The girl was insatiable. He climbed mountains for her. He crossed oceans for her. He screamed to the world that he loved her and they were hap•py.
Soon happy was just a word with no particular meaning and "I love you" was an unbelievable phrase. Every night became an interrogation "who was she?" "how do you know her?" "why are you friends with her?" "am I not good enough?".
Trust
Noun
Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
However, that too was now just a word with no particular meaning. The days were growing colder as were their hearts. Was the world falling apart? Was the yelling natural? Is this what the boy waited for? This couldn't be love. It must have been something else; anything but love. The day it ended was not a day of tears or screaming but a day of silence. For the loss of what could have been if it were for two simple words that they could not grasp.

© 2015 Kezia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
-
Wonderful job describing how the past can ruin current situations. Like a dripping faucet, a person that does not have forgiveness annoys people especially a romantic relationship. Like you described in the interrogation scene. I really enjoyed this one because I am a big believer in forgiveness and to leave the load of the past behind. Blessings. N.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Added on December 11, 2015
Last Updated on December 11, 2015

Author

Kezia
Kezia

Barrie, Ontario, Canada



About
My writing will leave a lot to your imagination, I like to keep the reader wondering. Love feedback :) more..

Writing
Old Lulluby Old Lulluby

A Story by Kezia


Why? Why?

A Story by Kezia