Poison

Poison

A Story by Kezia

After we had met the connection was instant, it became late night conversations and jokes that could make us laugh for the longest time. You told me that my mind was beautiful and the love that I was receiving was nothing close to what I deserved. The first time we kissed was followed by laughter, "that was too weird, friends?", of course I agreed. We always had the same opinion and thoughts.
Two years had gone by and I knew you like the back of my hand. You were older than me, not wiser. You began to inhale your feelings in the form of smoke, then you snorted, then you swallowed, and then you injected. I told you to stop and to tell me what was happening. After that we didn't speak for two weeks until you called and said, "I've opened my third eye, I see all.", you were crazy I didn't understand. But I did my research.
"As a powerful stimulant, methamphetamine, even in small doses, can increase wakefulness and physical activity and decrease appetite. Methamphetamine can also cause a variety of cardiovascular problems, including rapid heart rate, irregular heartbeat, and increased blood pressure."
I tried to explain it to you, that none of what you were saying was real. But to you it very much was. I listened to you talk about your other universe for three days. How you said that you needed drugs to open your third eye because it had been closed so long. I called you crazy. We didn't speak after that fight.
Lysergic acid diethylamide a.k.a LSD. Your heart rate had increased and so had your breathing. You couldn't walk. I remember the man you were with telling me what had happened that night. You called, "I'm so sorry, I overdosed. God you were right. I'm so sorry I'm going to die tonight, so sorry.", I remember screaming and crying, attempting to remain the logical one but I couldn't. When we met you were an artist, a musician, a loving son, and a caring older brother. Who the Hell were you dying as? Did I know this man? I told you not to go, but you never did listen to me.
The 5 Stages of Grief
1) Denial
The thought process of a desperate girl. He's just sleeping and even if he's not the hospital can revive him easily, they can do anything. It doesn't even matter because he's just pulling some dumb prank that he can bring up at my birthday party next month. He promised he would come and he doesn't break promises. Gosh, I know him so well. He tried but it's not working.
2) Anger
Why didn't they bring him to the hospital? Because they didn't want to get f*****g caught with drugs. Why did he even do them, is he stupid? He never listened. F**k this drug and f**k whoever let him die.
3) Bargaining
Well maybe if I had called him to come see me that night it wouldn't have happened. What if this is just a dream? Somebody pinch me. If only he got the flu and didn't go out that night. This is not fair.
4) Depression
My best friend is gone. They buried all of our laughs, our fights, our secrets, our emotions; they're all six feet underground. I'll never see his eyes again or get one last hug. What will I do with out him? He used to draw me but he'll never lift a pencil again.
5) Acceptance
I'm going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay. I'm so thankful for our memories and all our friendship had to offer. Maybe you're better off this way, maybe it's less painful. Either way I'm getting through this.
Did you want to die? You have before. You've attempted before. Was it on purpose? Maybe you would've written a letter if it was or maybe you wanted to leave the world asking questions. You loved being a mystery, a book that no one understood. The things you did often had no hiding meaning but you liked people to think that. So I understand that my questions won't be answered but I hope you knew how much I loved telling you to shut up, I loved when you told me to stop being loud, I loved when you would whisper "touché" every time I made a point, and I loved you.

© 2015 Kezia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A gem this Is. Very well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Splendid...I'm not much a fan of tragedy, but I love this one. Are there errors or wrong tenses? I don't care...I love this one.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Im speechless....You did an amazing job Kezia....The things you have pointed out here is very interesting....I found it very unique and style of writing is brilliant....You did an amazing job.....

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 20, 2015
Last Updated on December 22, 2015

Author

Kezia
Kezia

Barrie, Ontario, Canada



About
My writing will leave a lot to your imagination, I like to keep the reader wondering. Love feedback :) more..

Writing
Old Lulluby Old Lulluby

A Story by Kezia


Why? Why?

A Story by Kezia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..