The clouds with eyes of sky blue, and journeys of promise

The clouds with eyes of sky blue, and journeys of promise

A Poem by Gatiel
"

Another Poem I wrote some years ago.

"

I watch above the clouds roll by, Openings form, Like sky blue eyes,

The sun shows through, Shining brightly down, Giving life to the world so trodden and brown.

I listen quietly, with gentle care, To what the wind says on the air.

It tells a story of untold miles, And the life of low and high, in all it's whiles.

It tells it's story in gentle caresses, Of terrible power and long forlorn stretches,

With sensuous rides down high mountain passes, Carrying its world of possibilities.

The wind leaves me now to journey on, Leaving thoughts to linger long.

I think of sunrise, and sunset too, I think of mountains high, and valleys low.

I think of all the things I do adore, but no thought more prominent,

Than the thought of you.

As the thoughts take their places, I recognize many faces,

But I realize in all this thinking, The story told is but an inkling in the journey we begin.

The clouds and sky, it's eye so blue, The sun and wind their stories true.

I see a journey unfold before us, Memories old left behind us,

The journey ahead that I see, Is meant as one of discovery,

And as we learn what each other holds, perhaps in time true love will grow.

© 2008 Gatiel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A random pic and I find a keeper! This was a fantastic journey of vivid imagery and well woven emotions.
The first three lines were a little bumpy but the rest caught a flow to it that scooped me up and let me see through your eyes and feel the thoughts.

Wonderful Words!

Tara

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was truly majestic! Such a wonderful image you made in my mind!
Mountains and nature and making it all sensuous!
I thought it was really cool!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah ... just lovely, I was mesmerized. I've been reading a little while on the site today but this has been the highlight of my day. Thankyou for sharing this. It's beautiful. Best wishes, Pammy.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2008

Author

Gatiel
Gatiel

ID



About
I'm a 37 Year old man living in Northern Idaho. I have a wide range of interests, and a long memory. I enjoy reading Fantasy and Sci-Fi themed writing the most, though I have been known to read anythi.. more..

Writing
Journal Entry Journal Entry

A Story by Gatiel


Homebrew Homebrew

A Poem by Gatiel