Thank You

Thank You

A Story by Kiheiji
"

She was a friend only to me.

"

Thank you. These words are simply not enough to express my gratitude. You gave me a lifetime of friendship, a lifetime of service. I didn't matter to you that I couldn't always provide you with the best life had to offer. You stayed by my side through the worst of times and the best of times. Seventeen years I knew you, and you me. Thank you. I've said these words manny times and you in turn, in your own way, showed me your gratitude. When I opened the door you were there, waiting for me. But, as time went on you became less active, less like yourself. I could see that you were in pain tho' you made an effort to hide it. Thank you, for all the laughter. Thank you, for all the attention you gave me. Thank you, for just being there. I know I killed you before your appointed time but you were dying. Perhaps, some day, you will forgive me, for I didn't want you to suffer the pain of death. Rest easy, friend. Your long service in life is over. You get to rest, while the rest of us trudge on. Rest dear friend, someday I will follow you. Until that day comes please wait for me. Thank you Miss Kitty and may your rest be peaceful.

 

 

Miss Kitty

R.I.P.

March,1995-July,2012

© 2013 Kiheiji


Author's Note

Kiheiji
Please refrain from mocking my pain.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on November 29, 2013
Last Updated on November 29, 2013
Tags: Cat, Death

Author

Kiheiji
Kiheiji

OH



Writing
Fires Fuel Fires Fuel

A Poem by Kiheiji


I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

A Story by Kiheiji