The Man Who Sounds Like my Father

The Man Who Sounds Like my Father

A Story by Abbadon
"

Based on a true story that happened to me edited to meet your creepy little hearts

"
Back when i was younger, i had a demon, i called  him simply, shadow man, or the man who sounded like my dad. He was...passive to say the least. He never did anything but watch, he crept, he walked, and followed, staring at me forever. He would be there when i would stand outside, he would be there whenever i moved. He clung to me me like stink on s**t and it was terrifying when i figured out what he was. As a kid, i never understood what it was, what he was trying to do. I just knew that when ever id go out to play id hear my dad scream my name from the forest near my house, or from across the street. Or, from outside my window right at night. Right there. Tap tap tap. He would sound just like him, calling my name. Until one day.  The day he chased me.
 Me and some friend's, Mike and Charles, were walking down the street, they didn't know of him yet. I never told them, i figured i was crazy no one else ever saw him, so i assumed i was mad. Till finally, that night. We all saw him. We walked down the dark street talking of jeff the killer, and ticky toby, and our favorite scary stories, our own scary experiences. Finally it was my turn, and i thought, and i decided to tell them of him, and i regret it to this day. I started to tell them of him, describing him. I told them he was 6 foot tall, often wore something like a leather coat, similar in every way to my father, short hair in his shadow like figure, his legs long and his arms strong, except when he wasn't ready for me, then i saw his real form for a second before he switched to the comforting image of my father, but with a wicked smile, of red eyes and bright white shiny teeth.  and his long dark claws, and his wings, of black feathers, darker than the void. He was the reason i was afraid of the dark, this thing always called my name, he always sounded jsut like my dad, calling for me in the dark, luring me out to the spot of vulnerability. 
This night...i think...he finally got tired of waiting, or angry i spilled the beans on his game. Out of the darkness i heard my dad call for me, angrily "Son, come here right now. Don't make me count to three."  We knew it was strange, my father was asleep back at my house, a mile away. What was he doing here, but i was keen on it. I yelled back, "No father, i don't want to. " Like i had always done, but, he counted "1". I laughed and scoffed "2." i started to freak at that the sound of it, was angry, evil, killer intent. "3" and what happened next, i never saw coming, nor did i see it leaving, as fast as lighting his teeth, his bright white teeth came out of nowhere, and struck my shoulder, all 3 of us fell to the ground. No air in our lungs, he spoke again "Come here now, i wont tell you again." I never felt so scared, but i couldn't do anything else. so i got up  and screamed "F**K YOU, YOU'RE NOT MY DAD, YOUR JUST A CREEPING WEAKLING WHO CANT JUST KILL ME, SO YOU NEED TO LURE ME ALONE" i wish i had never said that, for all i heard next was one sentence "Son, That hurt, you need to be punished for such attitude" and then the sounds of my friends screams started, then stopped, and i felt the warm liquid on my face, and the limp hand on my shoulder.  My anger, my fear, IT KILLED THEM. My best friends, gone, just like that. I'd never see them again. 
But this time, i was going to end it, it went to far, creep on me, attack me, but he killed them, and i wasn't going to handle this with grace. So i picked out my cross necklace, i spoke a prayer, and charged in the darkness. All i could feel was his eyes, his smile, he kept circling me, laughing, i heard the sound of a drip of blood, and i struck with my hand all my might, and i hit him, like stone, a demon, far stronger than me what  was i thinking, i was sent flying. I fell to the ground and i saw the outline of something coming at me, i rolled. The ground shattered next to me in a explosion of debris, the rocks cutting my face, but i took my chance i put all my weight on the b*****d. 
We clawed and scratched, his long razor nails striking my sides, the blood flowing from my sides, i bashed his head against the pavement  over and over, not even phasing him. he sliced open my face, i lost sight in one of my eyes, and the other covered in blood, i didn't let go. I did only thing i could, i took my teeth, and i started biting, and chewing and pulling, he screamed, my teeth dug into his hard flesh, and cut him open. It was hard, and leathery, but i just tore and tore at its throat, its dark ichor in my mouth, thick and gooey, and disgusting but i just kept tearing, after this it was all a blur, the lights flashed on, my dad showed up in his car, next to him , was a half dead, Charles, missing a hand, my father had a shotgun aimed right at me , i still hadn't stopped,i just tore my fingers into this things throat pulling and yanking bloody, it had already stopped moving, i realized and i stopped, i got up and ran to my dad, i took the shotgun, and quickly moved to this fuckers body, it looked at me, with a  look of hate and evil, i shoved the gun in its mouth, and yelled" DIE F****R, SEE YOU IN HELL AND ILL BRING MORE SHELLS" and i blasted its head off, a last jolt, then limp. 
Finally, dead. I fell to my knees, and looked at my dad, who was crying. He ran to me and picked me up, i couldn't move, or react, he just carried me to the car. And I know it was my paranoid, but i thought i saw the b*****d twitch as i got into the back of the car, we took Charles to the hospital, where he died of his blood loss. The story hit the papers of my small town "Psychopathic murder taken down by young boy" it was a good line but a lie, i knew the truth my dad knew the truth. I still see him in my nightmares, i remember one clearly, he had sneaked  into my house and killed my dad and took over his body, it was so real, i was traumatized beyond belief. i woke up to my dad looking through the crack in the door, dark circles under his eyes, and a tired look, but a smile...it was a weird one but i was just glad to see my father again, i hugged him tight, he gripped me around the neck for a hug and squeezed me so hard i choke a little bit, he was really happy to have me ok still, even months later. Now, i have to go, my dad just called from my kitchen, saying the light has broken whilst he was cutting some meat for dinner, i wonder why he didn't call mom, i heard her scream and fall earlier, i hope shes alright, bout time i check on them anyway.

© 2016 Abbadon


Author's Note

Abbadon
PLEASE RATE HONESTLY, this is my first attempt at a story with ANY horror in it, im a fantasy writer by nature, and so i had a hard time not including a confrontation, tell me if detracted, added or just wasnt done right all thoughts are welcome if constructive.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

230 Views
Added on February 15, 2016
Last Updated on February 15, 2016

Author

Abbadon
Abbadon

Remington, IN



About
The Demon of they Abyss, I watch him. more..

Writing
The problem The problem

A Poem by Abbadon