The Magical Morning Glories

The Magical Morning Glories

A Story by KimberlySeben
"

About a little girl who talks to God.

"

         Jill loves gardening with her daughter, Dotti. She loves to grow hot peppers, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries and a large variety of herbs which includes peppermint, rosemary and basil. She even plants wildflowers from a seed pack which could include anything in its little box.

"Today I'm going to let you plant the wildflowers Dotti," said Jill Dotti's Mother handing Dotti the box of wildflowers to her.

"Yes Mom, thanks!" said Dotti with her beautiful brown eyes shining and her long, straight brown hair bopping up and down while she shook her head yes.

"Alright, here you go then, here's the box and a small bucket to water the seeds with," said Jill handing her the items.

         Dotti got to planting the seeds right away. She planted and planted them until the box was empty. She filled an entire area of the garden. Her Mother was happy.

"Good job Dotti! Thanks! Now all we have to do is wait for everything to grow. I'm going to plant everything today too," said Jill excitedly.

"I can't wait until the wildflowers grow Mom!" exclaimed Dotti while skipping around the area she planted the wildflowers at and watering them.

"I can't wait either Dotti. But we just have to be patient. They'll grow don't worry," said Jill while planting the tomatoes.

         A few months passed and all kinds of plants in the garden appeared, including the wildflowers. Dotti was very happy to see them. She knew that two of them are morning glories and a few others are Queen Anne's lace, red clovers and chicory.

"Mom! Look! There are all kinds of wildflowers that bloomed! I love the morning glories the most!" said Dotti excitedly.

"That's wonderful Dotti. My tomatoes, onions, hot peppers, cucumbers, strawberries and herbs are all ready to be picked today. Would you mind helping me Dotti?" asked Jill while offering Dotti a large bowl to put the strawberries into.

"Yes Mom. Can I please look at the wildflowers first? I'm wanting to see what they look like," said Dotti eagerly.

"Yes Dotti, go right ahead. The strawberries can wait a little bit. Take your time," said Jill while cutting off her tomatoes and putting them into a separate large bowl.

         All of the sudden, Dotti looked at the morning glories and noticed that the inside of them was glowing white. She moved one of the flowers up toward her and was confused. She couldn't understand why it was glowing white.

"Why are you glowing white inside?" asked Dotti while continuing to look inside of it.

         Suddenly, the glow twinkles and a small voice appears from inside of the flower. Dotti listens eagerly and wonders who's talking to her. She continues to hold the flower up and look inside of it.

"Dotti, this is God. I love how you take care of the wildflowers. Are there any other kinds of wildflowers you'd like me to have grow for you here that you like?" asked God lovingly.

"Wow! It's God! Hello God! Yes! I love violets. My favorite flowers are morning glories though," said Dotti excitedly knowing that she was talking to God.

"Alright Dotti. I'm going to make violets appear, but I'm also going to make more morning glories appear too for you. I love you Dotti, this is my gift to you since you love and take care of the wildflowers so much every year," said God happily.

         Suddenly, all kinds of violets and morning glories appear everywhere in between the other wildflowers. Dotti is overjoyed! She can't wait to go tell her Mother about this.

"Mom! Come see all of the violets and morning glories God made appear! This is wonderful!" said Dotti while holding her Mother's hand trying to pull her out of the door.

"Yes Dotti, I'm coming," said Jill while wondering how God made this happen for her.

"Wow Dotti! They're beautiful! I love violets too. The box doesn't say violets on it. I bet God did do this for you then," said Jill knowing that God probably did do this for Dotti and believes that he made this happen for her.

         Every year God appeared and spoke to Dotti from inside one of the glowing white morning glories. He asked her what kind of wildflower she wanted him to make appear. She eventually asked him to make every wildflower there is that he created appear, and God was more than happy to do this for her. Jill knew that God was doing this since the box didn't have every wildflower in it.

© 2020 KimberlySeben


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on March 8, 2020
Last Updated on March 8, 2020
Tags: God

Author

KimberlySeben
KimberlySeben

AL



About
Love to write short fiction stories, especially for children. more..

Writing