The Dark Room: Perspective

The Dark Room: Perspective

A Poem by Kimberlee
"

Enjoy

"

The Dark Room

Perspective

 

I woke up today and laid in my bed for hours, not thinking or comprehending anything.

I stared at my plush blanket which sat in the corner across,

the room and watched faces morph out of creases and folds.

 

Furry. Little. Evil. Faces.

 

I shouldn’t call them that…evil.

Evil is subjective �" a word we use to describe things that scare us or go contrary to our beliefs and values.

 

Fear.

 

No, if I close my eyes they can transform into something more amiable �" something beautiful.

There’s something beautiful in finding something non-living to have a persona.

 

To be alive.

To be real.

 

I shut my eyes and decide to call one of the faces nearest to me Dorothy.

Dorothy is neither male nor female, or for any matter in between.

Dorothy is the absence of all dark and all light.

It has no subjective value.

So I tell Dorothy that I will make it beautiful.

In between the stars of my pupils forms the vision of a great figure- transposing.

From abstract to existence, is fuses itself to idea of attraction, joy, and love.

 

Always nothing, Always something.

 

Shutters open as I come to, and there it is �" the face of Dorothy smiling and great,

And not so hideous or threatening after all.

Only because I changed her with my mind.

© 2015 Kimberlee


Author's Note

Kimberlee
I'm a dyslexic writer. I find joy in letting my thoughts flow.
I am starting a new series of poetry that branches off of my other poems.
These works will be a little more dark sometimes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What an absolutely wonderful vivid and intriguing imagination you have. Your words seem effortless, yet hold complexity in their asking. When we do see faces in random patterns and shapes, it is almost always dark, brooding and sinister, yet you will beauty into your thoughts, with nothing more than a thought that reads like you didn't have to think that much about it, because that is the way you are. Please keep writing. I am delighted to have stumbled on such a wonderful imagination.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 16, 2015
Last Updated on September 16, 2015
Tags: philosophy, existance, belief, god, religion, athiesm, mental health, life, teen, adult

Author

Kimberlee
Kimberlee

pittsburgh , PA



About
I'm a student in college studying the social sciences. I've been writing my entire life, and hiding it for about the same time. more..

Writing
Not done Not done

A Poem by Kimberlee


Threnody Threnody

A Stage Play by Kimberlee


sd sd

A Story by Kimberlee