The Dark Room: Cellophane – A boy named Idea

The Dark Room: Cellophane – A boy named Idea

A Poem by Kimberlee
"

Poem 2 of the series deals with a boy and society.

"

The Dark Room

Cellophane " A boy named Idea

 

There’s a walkway that bridges the gap between one building and another.

It is spread with Marigolds and Violets that litter the edges of the path on the far right and left.

The middle is split (morf ytilear!) down into the form of a boulevard.

Viridescent leaves sprout from Birch and Elm.

One foot in front of the other, I concentrate on my walk as the little man screams at me:
KEEP IT TOGETHER!

And I do, for now.

 

Every color, every sound assaults me.

I can hear the church bell ring from a building that is ten minutes away.

I can smell the fresh cut grass.

I see- just over the fenced cliff- cars speeding at light years across a yellow bridge.

I know that for some reason I smile for no reason because I become so overwhelming lost in my thoughts.

I’ve learned to keep my mouth closed about nature.

My tongue is housed by a mouth in which an invisible set of hooks tie my lips.

 

I used to be so transparent and shiny,

But then I would say eccentric things like-

Wow! The sun smells amazing today!

I could smell the pavement when it was hot out similarly to how one can smell asphalt after a hard raining.

 

Then there was the judgement, where people gave me looks.

I just started to assume that everyone judged me, and half of the time it was true.

A girl once told me that I am always negative, even when I am happy or laughing.

Why is that?

Did I cause them to dislike me?

Was my paranoia the reason I was so detached?


Suddenly, I lost interest in the Marigolds, Violets, and Chrysanthemums of the world.

I no longer smelled the sun or the grass.

Everything was gray.

And worst of all- any thought or passion behind this Idea disappeared.

 

 

 

© 2015 Kimberlee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful.....a stroll through a kaleidoscope of thoughts......coloring mind and heart with rainbows of creativity......

The title made me think of bubble-wrap......imagine wrapping our precious memories in little sheets of luminous bubble wrap.....:)

Thanks for the inspirational thought.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ouch. Another's negativity completely ruining your mojo, when all you were doing was being you. I see myself a lot in this, an observer rather than participant, caught in thought about everything that encompasses us, happy in my own delirium, as my mind finds paths off the beaten track. And then a word is spoken, the bubble is burst and you fall back to earth with a lesson on how much gravity hurts.
wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful.....a stroll through a kaleidoscope of thoughts......coloring mind and heart with rainbows of creativity......

The title made me think of bubble-wrap......imagine wrapping our precious memories in little sheets of luminous bubble wrap.....:)

Thanks for the inspirational thought.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 16, 2015
Last Updated on September 16, 2015
Tags: philosophy, existance, belief, ideas, thoughts, opinions mental health, life, teen, adult

Author

Kimberlee
Kimberlee

pittsburgh , PA



About
I'm a student in college studying the social sciences. I've been writing my entire life, and hiding it for about the same time. more..

Writing
Not done Not done

A Poem by Kimberlee


Threnody Threnody

A Stage Play by Kimberlee


sd sd

A Story by Kimberlee