The Dark Room: Oblivion- Spiraling Lights

The Dark Room: Oblivion- Spiraling Lights

A Poem by Kimberlee
"

A girl ventures into the unknown

"

The Dark Room

Oblivion- Spiraling Lights

 

Stillness was the heaven that loomed above.

The sky lacked substance, except for the freckled bodies huddling together for warmth.

Together they merged into one being that seemed greater than anything on Earth.

 

The moon was a loner �" a giant rock that floated singularly.

It stood there in melancholia, as if waiting for someone- a man- to pluck it from the sky like a fresh plum off the tree.

 

Here was Margaret, imprinting her body into crisp grass-

Something that we took for granted as a human race.

Each plant had its own system for surviving �" for processing food.

Many plants came together and formed an ecosystem, which in return was part of something even greater.

I can imagine if a blade of grass could talk it would scream in agony as Margaret laid her pretty little head down.

I can imagine the crunch of defeat as the blade took its last breath.

Yet, blades of grass do not contain soul or feeling.

They do no breathe.

Margaret did.

 

She lost herself in another world of wonder, and thought of the meaning of life.

What expands the universe, and is it an old man in the sky?

Could she see him, and will she ever?

 

It is funny how she repeatedly allowed herself to fall down the rabbit hole, so to speak.

It was as if nothing else mattered in that moment, as she gazed on yonder.

Several things �"pain, suffering, and discontent- they all disappeared when she set out for a stroll among the pastures of eternity- always looking and never finding.

But that was okay, because Margaret’s father was an alcoholic.

And he hit her hard.

And she knew why.

So, she knew that knowing an exact why, or a concrete answer, was not always preferable.

There was a feeling of bliss in ignorance.

© 2015 Kimberlee


Author's Note

Kimberlee
Spelling may be off.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I spend so long down the rabbit hole that it is a miracle I manage to navigate my way through this thing called life without serious injury. (Excluding the four times I've been knocked down)
Life and all thoughts and dreams it brings is something I think we all do, but you have captured it beautifully here. Your words are spoken/heard in a calm inquisitive voice, which only leads to the overall balance of the piece.
maybe it is just the way I hear beautiful poetry, softly spoken, but yours spoke softest and clearest to my ears. Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed reading it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I spend so long down the rabbit hole that it is a miracle I manage to navigate my way through this thing called life without serious injury. (Excluding the four times I've been knocked down)
Life and all thoughts and dreams it brings is something I think we all do, but you have captured it beautifully here. Your words are spoken/heard in a calm inquisitive voice, which only leads to the overall balance of the piece.
maybe it is just the way I hear beautiful poetry, softly spoken, but yours spoke softest and clearest to my ears. Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed reading it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 16, 2015
Last Updated on September 16, 2015
Tags: philosophy, existance, belief, god, religion, athiesm, mental health, life, teen, adult

Author

Kimberlee
Kimberlee

pittsburgh , PA



About
I'm a student in college studying the social sciences. I've been writing my entire life, and hiding it for about the same time. more..

Writing
Not done Not done

A Poem by Kimberlee


Threnody Threnody

A Stage Play by Kimberlee


sd sd

A Story by Kimberlee