Coffee Stained Kisses

Coffee Stained Kisses

A Story by KimmyMR
"

Jin hates sweets and Seth loves them.

"
The coffee shop smells like, well, coffee. It’s the first thing that hits him when he walks in, fingers cold from icy weather and he was never one to wear the gloves he had bunched in his coat pocket. The ends of his hair were wet, and if Jin pressed his palm to the top of his head, he’d feel cold.

He was never one to feel the cold much anyway.

He’d been away from England for two months this time, and the first thing he found himself doing was calling Seth and asking him if he had the time to spare him a cup and a few words before he went back to his company building.

No sleep, he mused.

The mission had been simple " as they mostly were. Assassinate a corporate head and leave a trademark card of the American branch of the Corporations. The company whose corporate head he killed would understand. The police would not.

Jin kept a table with two chairs, and ordered an Espresso for himself and a Café Mocha for Seth.

In the depths of Canada, he’d missed him. He’d missed his quiet, unintentional whines about cold weather, nose red and fairly dark skin rose dusted. His ears got just as cold as his nose, and Jin liked to cup his palms over them and kiss the tip of his nose until Seth swung a fist at him.

It was ironic, that, Seth was a cold man who hated cold weather, and Jin was too much of an opposite of him.

The girl was settling his coffee on the table when Seth came in, brown hair cut short and eyes a Prussian blue that fluttered when he kissed his eyelids. His lips were pressed firm, and Jin grinned when he saw him frown.

“Café mocha?” Seth asked plainly, as he sat, and the girl waited until he had done so to rest his mug in front of him.

“Of course,” said Jin, smiling across at him.

He loved Seth. It wasn’t just a word he used, the word love that sometimes meant nothing these days, when he’d seen relationships falter and fall and he’d only watched on at his friends and business partners. He loved him. The very idea of another half of his soul, something that he needed, and couldn’t live without, was what he had become.

He had almost loved Elizabeth.

Seth had his mug cupped with long fingers, and his lips pressed to the rim, tongue swiping at the healthy dollop of whipped cream. The other agent was not looking at him, and Jin was content, and accustomed, to staring at the other man until he squirmed just a bit and his face showed the barest of reds.

“I missed you,” Jin told him, fingers drumming onto the table. “Really missed you. I had no one to kiss and no one to tell me how much of an idiot I am.”

“I told you how much of an idiot you are over the phone,” said Seth, eyes hard and blue and Jin couldn’t stop himself from having that permanent smile at the way Seth just was.

“It’s not the same.”

Seth’s eyes and expression always softened when he drank coffee, and when he was around Jin. Seth barely showed emotions. It was the way he was brought up, fighting for he and his brother’s lives and then how he had been trained to be an agent from young, but Jin prided himself in that he could draw emotions out from him, when his tongue was inside of his mouth or his lips taut against his chest.

“You really are an idiot,” Seth stated, and Jin laughed.

“You love me just the same,” he said, and Seth, being Seth, said nothing after that.

Jin, in spite, and because he was too damned smitten, ordered him another Café Mocha.

© 2013 KimmyMR


Author's Note

KimmyMR
it's a short story for the longer story I'm writing, of how Jin and Seth met.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on August 27, 2013
Last Updated on August 27, 2013
Tags: gay, m/m

Author

KimmyMR
KimmyMR

San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago



Writing
The Wait The Wait

A Story by KimmyMR


Memoirs Memoirs

A Story by KimmyMR