Does A Good Politician Exist

Does A Good Politician Exist

A Story by SailorSkout
"

Just pondering, a small story with a bit of food for thought.

"
Obama. You hear his name and think: Family man, great leader, but is sort of all talk no show. He's such a laid back public figure, he gets so much publicity for being hilarious and such a great character that few pay attention to anything he's done. He's known worldwide for his genuine nature and approachable personality. He's a people person and if he asked you for a favor you wouldn't think twice. If hitler asked you for a favor, you also wouldn't think twice. I don't consider either of these people to be great politicians, but Hitler actually made things happen so I do put him above Obama in that aspect. 
Politicians in media aren't particularly nice people, but they have an incredible facade, keeping hidden what they really feel and hiding their ulterior motives. Here's a short, metaphorical, story to show an example of a politician in media. 

Polly was great at many things, she could keep a smile through the worst of times and plaster any emotion she needed onto her canvas face to get her through any situation. When her boss would tell her to do something out-of-whack she'd do it with a smile. When someone accidentally bumped into her she'd shake it off and say sorry for being in their way. Polly was the seemingly the nicest and most relaxed person, who didn't have much depth to her at all. But she had a plan. She knew that people would do things for her in return for her constant kindness, so she could rise to the top by using people. Telling small lies behind other peoples backs to turn people against one another, framing others, causing mayhem. No one would suspect her of causing such madness because of her innocent nature. Slowly as everyone else crumbled in her office, she slowly rose to the top. Then once she was assistant to the boss, she convinced him to make faulty choices. He was kicked out and she became the next heir. WOW now thats an excellent fake-politician. Using people's psychological insecurities/weaknesses to get what you want. Now Polly is sitting on 150k/year. A great fake-politician knows how to do things inconspicuously in order to get exactly what they want. Sometimes politicians in media use their skills to help others, those are the most EXCEPTIONAL fake-politicians. 

Political skills are best when un-recognized, once people figure it out then it's pointless to even have them. So a great politician can maintain their skills at all times, having genuine kindness become part of their everyday personality. You don't have to get anything out of it. If you want to be a great politician be a nice f*****g person and don't run for any position in government. Self benefit is the main goal for politics on every scale. By doing good, you're going to get good back. Polly is getting what she wants, but having to wear a facade can be tiring. I don't know why it's so difficult for everyone to be kind. 

A good politician isn't someone who just gets what they want because of good publicity, or is known globally, or whatever, but rather someone who can walk down a busy sidewalk smiling at strangers and have smiles be returned. Someone who is liked by all, and not seen as a threat to anyone. Not that in this society being a real politician will get you very "far" in life, but at least people will like you for who you are. All those fake-polticians always slip up. I'm waiting for Oprah's decline, she makes me uneasy. Giving people things all the time doesn't make you a good person, without all of her money she'd be nothing. Look under your chair! Nothing! Sorry, you didn't pay to get into her studio audience so you mean nothing to her!

© 2014 SailorSkout


Author's Note

SailorSkout
Thanks for reading my over-stressed and unimportant opinion on the scum bags that rule our society and the real people who go un-recognized for their amazing efforts at actually keeping this pathetic country together!!! :) <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on June 17, 2014
Last Updated on June 17, 2014
Tags: politics, existence, questions