Untidy Fool

Untidy Fool

A Poem by Kiri J
"

Just a thought being passed off as some form of art.

"

 

A Melburnian from Canberra, 

In love with New York, 

Looked back at me from the mirror this morning and said 

"Put some clothes on, you untidy fool". 

So I dragged the poor sod out of the mirror and 

Off the bed and said "this is your life, my dear." 

I extended my hand to her and I took it graciously thinking: we'll always have each other... 

 

Thinking: strange how the big whoever-you-like is throwing Americans at me. These fabulous minds filtered through the most cliche'd of voices and I love the jazz of it all. How blessed I am today...

 

I was hungover as hell when I woke.

 

We walked hand in hand, thinking: I'll always be alone.

 


© 2008 Kiri J


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is fresh. I haven't read this style before. the words, the phrases, the slang. it all works. this feels like it should be narrated to a steve allen soundtrack.

it has it's own jazz beat. someone like kerouac would have been proud of this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


You're not alone but you're definitely missed.

I love the style of this piece of art you've put out there. It's written uniquely and I dig that. Makes you stop and look at it aesthetically, too.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 28, 2008

Author

Kiri J
Kiri J

Melbourne, Australia



About
I'm 22, Australian. I love music by the likes of Tori Amos, Imogen Heap, Regina Spektor, Sia, Amy Winehouse... Jeff Buckley, DCAB. I am a writer. I love rainy Sinatra-Sundays. I don't talk when I have.. more..

Writing
Go to pray. Go to pray.

A Poem by Kiri J