We Are Going To War

We Are Going To War

A Story by James

 Our county had only recovered from a brutal war with the African Territories. It had been declared a draw after Asian Districts threatened to blow up each of our Territories. The rumors spreading around stated that our governors are organizing an attack on the Asian Districts. We were also supposedly teaming up with the European Districts. I don’t know if there's going to be a war or when it will happen. But I do now that I am a soldier and I will be in the war.

All the soldiers and under intensive preparation and we are stocking up on weapons. I don’t want to be in a war. I was an orphan, and I was living on the streets until they picked me up and made me into a soldier. I was afraid of war; I am terrified of death; I was weak when it came to pain. All of these things started flowing through me when the lead commander ran into the room shouting “Get your weapons and head into formation!”

As soon as those words fell out of her mouth chaos filled the room as everyone scrambled for their weapons and rushed out of the room. I remained there overflowing with terror, unable to move. I felt someone tap on my shoulder and then whisper in my ear “be brave,”. The panic inside of me suddenly disappeared, I got my weapons and hurried out with the rest of the soldiers.


...


It has been 3 days that we have been on this ship and we have finally arrived at the entrance to the European Districts. It is one of the most secure areas on earth. You can tell from the 8 rows of electric fences and the 9 security barriers and each one is attended by 75 guards. As far as I know no one person has ever successfully broken in. We all got checked about 7 times before we could enter.

I've been staying at a hotel with the rest of the soldiers. I suddenly saw a red light start to blink and heard an alarm go off, my fear was at the highest point it had ever been. I know full well what that light means. We are going to war.


© 2017 James


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on April 18, 2017
Last Updated on April 18, 2017
Tags: War, Battle, Fighting, Dystopian

Author

James
James

Dog Meat Restaurant , North Korea



About
I'm a proud worshiper of Eduardo... more..

Writing
Spooper Deleteus Spooper Deleteus

A Story by James


please dont please dont

A Story by James